Updated HT Setup - 1979 Cornwalls

Raven

Here's my updated page showing my HT setup. Still looking for elusive Academy's..

http://www.ravenimaging.com/bobl/audioequip/

Let me know what you think and if you have a similar setup. If you want to take a listen, I'm in Piscataway, NJ..

------------------

Bob Lindabury

SPEAKERS

Fronts: Cornwalls (2)

Center: KLF-C7 (1)

Rears: RS-3's (2)

Sub: AudioSource SW-15

Rear Center: Umm...any suggestions?

AMP: Sony STR-DB1070 6.1

MISC:

Hafler DH-200 Amp;Yamaha C-50 Pre-Amp; Technics SL-1410MK2 Turntable; Sony DVP-S360 DVD

http://www.ravenimaging.com/bobl/audioequip

Raven---

May I make a suggestion?

I too waited patiently for the "Academy" opportunity.

When that finally came, I realized that HornedEd is indeed correct when he says "Center Channel matching is the most critical aspect of Home Theatre".

Also, something else stared me in the face...

The Academy I had so patiently waited for, cost MORE than the equivalent Cornwall!

So, I suggest that you do as HornedEd recommends...

Buy a single Cornwall for the Center Channel and live in Klipsch Heaven!

I just added a single Cornwall 1, to my 4 other Cornwall 1s, and I am in Heaven!

Take care...

quote:

Originally posted by DLUngurait:

Raven,

Nice set-up! I noticed a familiar trophy/award on top of your equipment rack...do you work in the film/video production industry?

Dave

Yep.. have worked in the film/video industry since 1979 and received a few awards in 1995/1996. The one that looks familiar is a Telly Award. I'm currently doing less video production and more computer work as in animation. I worked on a couple cartoon series as a 3D Animator.. both aired Saturday Morns on Fox. One was NASCAR Racers and the other was Xyber 9. Was fun while it lasted.. Xyber 9 lasted one season and NASCAR Racers ran for two.

------------------

Bob Lindabury

SPEAKERS

MISC:

Hafler DH-200 Amp;Yamaha C-50 Pre-Amp; Technics SL-1410MK2 Turntable; Sony DVP-S360 DVD

quote:

Originally posted by Vahorns:

Raven---

May I make a suggestion?

I too waited patiently for the "Academy" opportunity.

When that finally came, I realized that HornedEd is indeed correct when he says "Center Channel matching is the most critical aspect of Home Theatre".

Also, something else stared me in the face...

The Academy I had so patiently waited for, cost MORE than the equivalent Cornwall!

So, I suggest that you do as HornedEd recommends...

Buy a single Cornwall for the Center Channel and live in Klipsch Heaven!

I just added a single Cornwall 1, to my 4 other Cornwall 1s, and I am in Heaven!

Take care...

I fully understand. The problem is that the Cornwalls just won't fit. I could make them fit but then my wife would leave. <grin>

I'm trying to find the closest match that will actually fit and be pleasing to look at. I'm seriously considering 2 pair of Heresey's instead since they pretty much match the Cornwalls.

I'd use one pair for Front and Read Centers.. and the other pair for the rear surrounds. Those I could probably get away with..

cwm1.gif

------------------

Bob Lindabury

SPEAKERS

MISC:

nice setup! how do you like the cornwall/sony combo? are you using the sony's amps or the hafler? how about the bass management on the sony? my 777es allows for down to 40Hz for l,r;ctr;and rear roll-off-to-sub.this has worked well w/my klf-30's(40Hz),c-7(60Hz),ksps-6's(70Hz).GET THE CENTER REAR!maybe you can use the c-7 as ctr.rear when you get an academy. avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center (looking for 1-m.o.klf-20)

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Natuzzi red leather furniture set

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

quote:

Originally posted by avman:

nice setup! how do you like the cornwall/sony combo? are you using the sony's amps or the hafler? how about the bass management on the sony? my 777es allows for down to 40Hz for l,r;ctr;and rear roll-off-to-sub.this has worked well w/my klf-30's(40Hz),c-7(60Hz),ksps-6's(70Hz).GET THE CENTER REAR!maybe you can use the c-7 as ctr.rear when you get an academy. avman.

To tell you the truth, I think the Sony amp isn't the best for the Cornwalls. I'd be better off separating the pre stage out and going to a batch of mono amps or stereo amps like the Haflers or something better. I was going to hookup my old Hafler but it seems something is wrong with it.. it just outputs noise so.. I'm stuck with the built-in amps at this point. It's not terrible but I don't think it's the right matchup.

I have the full adjustments on the 1070 also. I'm crossing fairly high to the sub from the KLF-C7 because it needs it. Of course the Cornwalls don't need the sub that high but there's got to be a tradeoff somewhere.

I'm in HT hell! Well, sorta.. I mean.. when I pop in a DVD and crank it up to between 1 - 5 watts, whoooo.. things are shakin! But we all know or we're figuring out that it's very damn hard to match Heritage speakers for HT and Klipsch really doesn't give us any choices in it's current crop of speakers.

The KLF-C7 is a kludge and not the best one at that. An Academy is probably only minimally better if at all.. I don't really know. Hereseys might be a pretty good bet. More Cornwalls or a couple K-horns and using the Corn's in between (front/rear centers) would probably be really good but c'mon.. I'd need a huge space.

Like I said.. HT hell.. hehehe

------------------

Bob Lindabury

SPEAKERS

MISC: