WANTED: Klipsch RF-7 IIs (or) 5.1 RF-82 Home Theater System

AudioAddicted

Hi erveryone,

Contingent upon the sale of my vehicle which is currently on the market, I will be IMMEDIATELY in the market for... ideally... a pair of RF-7 IIs to begin my home theater cultivation RIGHT!

However, since those are somewhat hard to come by and usually audio lovers only sell them to upgrade to something outrageously amazing like Palladium or THX, I would be more than happy with a 5.1 RF-82 home theater system as well.

My vehicle could sell tomorrow... or in June... but as SOON as it does, I will have some available finances to finally make this ambition a reality!

Thanks guys!

PS: Can someone please provide a practical explanation of the difference(s)
between the RF series: RF-42/52/62 and RF-82 when it comes to
sound-reproduction, efficiency, and immersion?
If the RF-82 5.1 system
is truly noticeably different/sturdy from the lower RF systems, I will
absolutely go in that direction... however, with the cost difference and
savings on the lower systems, if those would reproduce accurate and
pronounced sound without distortion that would help
greatly to know so I can save some money while still enjoying
Klipsch quality... however, I highly doubt it, since there is a reason after all for the different models, and going lower than the RF-82's would leave me wanting to upgrade sooner rather than later.

Yes I have to agree with the suggestion of just waiting and getting what you truly want and saving yourself some upgrades dpwn the road. The smallest speakers I have heard are the rf-62s....I currently have the 82s and 7 IIs.....While the 62s will do a great job of giving you that great movie sound...they are a little lacking on the low end...so a sub becomes a little more important. But their immerson and soundstage i pretty good....The 82s are the sweet spot imo....they throw out a big soundstage....have good bass so the impact of the sound seem to hit you harder....imaging, immersion is all really good....you won't be disappointed. But if you can....I would spring for the 7 IIs.....because I thought the 82s were a jump....but wow...the 7s are an even bigger jump! The sound is just BIG....immersion is even better. Soundstage is great....And they seem to produce all of this sound pretty effortless...With the 7s you will probably never want to upgrade....unless you step up to Heritage or the RF 7 IIIs lol. Not saying they are making a 3rd edition but I really doubt any other upgrades would make you happy. The 7s are at the top of the Reference line for a reason. Likewise they cost a couple of thousand more than the 82s.....but are worth it imo. Now if you do decide to go smaller first and then upgrade later then you could move the smaller towers to surround duty and see how you like that. (if you have the space)

Size of the room does matter but I think you'll be satisfied with the 7s even in a small room. You just won't be able to crank them as loud. I had the 82s in my bedroom but could never really just turn them up....so I moved them to surround duty with my 7s and put the rf-25s (older rf-62s) in the bedroom. I'm really digging the change. I can turn the 25s up louder without going deaf and the 82s sound great doing surround duty. A lot of people don't realize this but ome movies send the full range of sound to your rear speakers....I have heard bass in some surround effects. Pretty cool hearing stuff that I was missing before....

rf-62s-Will do...you will be happy but in a larger room may not give you the impact you want

rf-82s-Sweet spot for price to performance. Very good speakers. You won't be disappointed and will be happy

rf-7s-Expensive but wow...once you get them setup you may never want to leave the house again. Pure beasts

Hi, thanks for the replys and helps guys!

My living room is about 14 x 10, not small but absolutely not super-large by any means. I wrote in directly to Klipsch, and they are helping me. I messaged their Facebook page, and they got back to me within a few hours asking my room size, and then in the last few days I haven't heard back from them, but I'm sure they're looking into it.

Anyway, I think (just a thought, I have no substantial evidence to base this on) that the RF-7 IIs are simply stunning visually and would be blissful and booming beyond anything I've ever experience... that perhaps the RF-82 would be my best bet. With what I'm upgrading from, it will be a HUGE - HUUUUUUUGE - MASSIVE upgrade! Besides, even though things financially are fine for me, I'm not going to be on the cover of Forbes anytime soon, so I can either get a pair of used RF-7 IIs or an ENTIRE new 5.1 system from the second-tier of the Klipsch Reference line that will certainly fill my home with awesome sound.

Plus... I have to consider the received (I'm 99% certain I'm getting the Onkyo 818 with the built-in EQ and a really impressive 120+ watts per channel), and I'm going up to a new 70'' 3D-HDTV as well.

I REALLY appreciate the input guys, and agree 10000000000% that the RF-7 II's would melt my face off... but... sometimes it also comes down to dollars and practicality. Have a good one!

PS: There are a pair of "like new" RF-7 IIs in the Atlanta area on Craig's List (well, there was 3 nights ago when I checked on Search Tempest's website) for only $1,800!

You're welcome! And I totally understand! As I said the 82s are the sweet spot and are no slouches. And if you do ever get upgadeitis then the 82s will make great surrounds or can be the start to another system in the bedroom. [:)] But yes this hobby takes time. You're lucky to be able to buy everything at once! I started with the Klipsch bookshelf speakers and worked up from there. Eventually ending up with a front projection screen and the RF- 7 IIs....thats the fun part about our hobby....seeing everything come together and hearing the upgrades between different speakers and components when you upgrade....My ex complained because it seems like every room has a Klipsch setup. I just couldn't sell them when I upgraded, lol. But welcome to the Klipsch family! You won't be disappointed. And yes if you're patient great deals can be had. Crutchfield has new 82 IIs for $499!!! Thats only in cherry though....open box 82s are $429 each and scratch and dent are $399 each. Now I've seen some scratch and dent stuff that you couldn't tell from new unless you checked the back of the speaker or behind the grill. So I would call them to see exactly where the scratches are. But all of those are good deals in my opinion considering the normal price is $600 each....so you may already be well on your way to saving even more! I want to jump on a pair of those 82s so that I could match the series and looks of the drivers....but just don't have the funds right now.....But good luck on building your theater! Keep us updated!