A great evening spent with two fellow Klipschsters at bhenry's

picky

I'd like to thank bhenry and his lovely wife, Pam for having Dizrotus and I over to their beautiful home for a few hours yesterday to listen to some tunes on their home theater system. They also provided us with some food and beverages and have a super-friendly, easy-going dog named "Duncan". It was my second time vising their home and Dizrotus' first time meeting them both in person. They have a killer RF-7 based system with two, count 'em, TWO RSW-15 subs and plenty of B&K power to back everything up. Their's also a beautiful Pioneer Plasma hanging on the wall. Dizrotus and I both brought over a few of our own CDs and DVDs and we also listened to a few selections that bhenry had as well. The first time I visited their place was earlier in the year (or was it December?) when bhenry contacted me to come over and tweak the system to match the room. And a very nice room it is, too! He and I spent about 3 hours on that day, plotting the response curve of the room using a sound level meter with test tones that are built into his B&K preamp. We used the plot to make setting changes to the B&K Preamp EQ. By the time I left that day, we both agreed that there was a huge difference in sound quality. bhenry mentioned he'd continue to tweak the settings on his own until they totally met his expectations. And, after our visit yesterday, I must say he was highly successful! He mentioned he didn't need to make any drastic alterations, mainly changes to volume levels and such. But, given the diversity of all of the music we threw at the system yesterday, I'd have to say the system is very optimized! We had had a great time relating some stories both technical and funny. It was a wonderful way to spend our evening together discussing our common interest in music and equipment as well as our vocations and families. Klipsch probably has no idea of just how many people they have brought together who now consider themselves as friends. Yet another wonderful experience I have now enjoyed with some of my fellow forum brethren! Thank you bhenry, Pam and Dizrotus for a great evening and for the hospitality. And thank you too, Duncan. SIt! Stay! Good boy! - Glenn

That was a very nice posting, Glenn. We very much enjoyed the time playing some tunes and telling some stories. Glenn and Neil (my apologies to Neil for the exessive bass!) are a couple of nice guys and I welcome them back anytime. It was nice to have some company while listening to some tunes- my wife usually ends up going to get a (much deserved) pedicure and leaves to my own devices. Thanks, guys! That was fun and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself(s). -Brett.