My experience purchasing an RC-7 from kadame2009

Youthman

• Moderators

I just want to share some positive feedback regarding the purchase of Kevin's RC-7. Kevin has been absolutely super to deal with. Communication could not have been any better via email, text and phone calls. The unit arrived just as described. Absolutely georgeous RC-7 in mint condition with original box.

Unfortunately, UPS was a little rough and although the cabinet and woofers survived, the crossover did not. Kevin was great at filing the claim with UPS and ordered the new crossover from Klipsch prior to receiving the refund from UPS.

I just cannot speak highly enough about my dealings with Kevin. Truly a classy gentleman and would gladly do business with him again. Just goes to show you a user's post count doesn't always matter.

Michael

That's great to hear. Not about the crossover, but everything else. I agree that it would be nice to have a way of showing positive transactions. This would definitely help people feel more comfortable buying from someone. I do have to admit that I would be somewhat leery of buying from a new member because someone could always take the money and run and someone new that hasn't built relationships through the forum has nothing to lose. A seasoned member doesn't want to ruin their reputation so that is usually a safe bet. It's always great to hear that a transaction has gone well.

• Moderators

I do have to admit that I would be somewhat leery of buying from a new member because someone could always take the money and run

That is true. I would never do that without talking with the person on the phone. You can tell a lot about a person by talking with them. Just talking with Kevin on the phone, I had no doubts I could trust him with the transaction. Also, we used Paypal so that both the buyer and the seller has protection in case the transaction went south.

• Moderators

Although it would be beneficial to us, we must realize the primary purpose for this forum is not for selling gear. The Garage Sale was added as a courtesy to the Klipsch Community. A feedback system would require an entirely different forum framework or custom programming (which can get quite expensive).

Although it would be beneficial to us, we must realize the primary purpose for this forum is not for selling gear. The Garage Sale was added as a courtesy to the Klipsch Community. A feedback system would require an entirely different forum framework or custom programming (which can get quite expensive).

As pointed out though, other sites have figured out a cost effective way to do it. It would be a welcome addition. Many people (like you) have started threads just for this purpose. I think it would be well received and used frequently. Maybe in the upcoming overhaul of the site???

AMY!!!!!

The system would not need to be anywhere near as involved as ebay. A simple positive, negative option experience with an explanation of why the transaction was good or why it was bad would suffice I would imagine.