Orb Audio?

K5SS

Thinking about picking up a Orb Audio "People's Choice" 5.1 with the Uber 10 sub. I am just wondering if anyone here has any experience with them? Bought a Samsung UN60ES7150 and looking for a smaller scale 5.1 system that sounds good. Might not buy the sub and get another, smaller Rythmik or SVS sub. The Uber 10 is $699 and doesn't look all that impressive but it is small..

Not sure if this is kosher or not.. Just thought I would ask you guys because you have always been very helpful. Klipsch will always be in my main system so I am not abandoning the Klipsch ship.

Not sure if this is kosher or not.

I think it is ok since many member have other speakers beside Klipsch. Most of us like trying new things even though Klipsch is our foundation. I don't know about Orb audio but if you want a nice micro system, the HD 500 is very detailed, a great soundstage with a nice sub to anchor the system. This should also apply to the other micrsystem for Klipsch. They are different than the larger Klipsch but are outstanding in the sound they produce.

A little too mod for my taste and for the price you can have a rf-42ii home theater which will sound much better most likely. My dad owns the hd500 Derrick talked about and it's ok in my opinion. I recently heard the take classic 5.1 and I liked it quite a bit. Amazon occasionally has a sale on it. 299.00 for 5.1 right now is a good deal. Could always upgrade the sub later if you needed some more boom

I was just looking for a little "higher end" look and sound. I am going to match them with my HK AVR 3700. I have also owned some Monitor Audio HD90's and they sounded great for their size. Just confusing myself again I guess

I don't know how much "higher end" sound gets in a small enclosure like that. Venturing into Bose territory? Lol. I guess I have never looked into anything that high end that is that small. I guess anything painted, or brushed metal, or piano gloss is higher end looking. I enjoy my icon w series in my living room. Gorgeous finish! And a fantastic sound and I have about the same amount of money in to it as those speakers.

Ive looked at orb a bunch of times just out of fascination but have never heard any of them. I think that for a micro system, their offerings are appropriately priced. Point source full-range drivers are actually a great option because all of the sound is produced from a single point. The engineering that goes into the driver must be good or it'll just sound like another drive. You are dealing with a decently sized driver which is in the mid-range driver size.

I think that the obvious downfall is that like any micro-system, the mid-bass and sub-bass frequency extension suffer. A good wider ranged subwoofer is a necessity but keep in mind localization issues of the subs placement.

KEF is a great example of a company who has combine the tweeter and midrange into a single construct to create their 2.5 way speakers. The combination of both drivers in one helps to keep all of the drivers as close together as possible to prevent driver separation. The KEF speakers have dedicated mid-bass drivers though but you get where i am going with this.

I would play with orb for PC speakers because they are a good size and should be sufficient for most PC use plus gaming with a sub for a rounded out sound. As for HT, I would maybe buy a stereo set first just to see how they sound. Its less to return after your trial and you should be able to get a good idea of their capabilities.

I'd also take a look at the def tech systems