La Scala at Estate sale - Vandalia, OH

opusk2k9

Also a Heathkit AJ 43 integrated and a Garrard Lab 80 MkII transcription tt in that sale! Wish it was local to me . . . I would be there to bid for sure. Other than a few typical top stains, I like those La Scalas. Have bought some great stuff at estate sales . . . Hope a forum member picks these up. Thanks for the alert!

It depends, a lot of estate sales are glorified garage sale, the prices are listed on the items and get marked down a lot (~50%) if they make it to the last day. Others, are more auction style.

You would have to contact the estate sale company, (937) 279-7036, from the ad to ask which kind this it. Best of luck.

Sometimes I have seen were there is a asking price lets say here for instance the asking price is 1100.00 then you could go in and bid half of the asking price. If no one out bids you, you win, or if the right person comes up they can take them for the asking price. Kind of depends how bad you want them. Speaking of which there was a dual 1225 at a local thrift store that wanted 30.00 for it. I don't really need a table but I know tomorrow if it is still there it will be marked down to 15.00 I just might have to grab it. Sorry to get off subject hopefully someone grabs them as they don look to be nice Lascalas.

Hey Budman . . . I do a lot of estate sales. They virtually never negotiate on the first day . . . sometimes will on the last day, but sometimes not on the bigger items. A line forms outside the place early the first day when their is good stuff. In a big crowd, let a bunch in and wait your turn. Will often have a bid box where you drop your bid in on an item . . . If it does not sell on the last day, or someone does not cut a deal the last day in person, they will call the high bidder . . . Never worked out for me. Seems you best route is to decide if you want one for $550 and can you sell the second one for $550, having to buy them both if someone did not stand in line early for them. Hope it works out for you.

• 2 weeks later...