Klipsch RF-7 II as Center and surround

ryder

i have RF-7 II front rc 64 center and rs 62 surround think to replace my center and surrounds to rf 7 ..

RF-7 II make real diffrence at center and surround position really worth to replace or not ty

Or just replace surround or center

You can use all identical speakers in a HT setup. But, the mains and center do the vast majority of the work and it is more cost effctive to use smaller speakers as surround SB, FH, FW, ect. The use of subwoofers in HT has made it possible to use smaller speakers in a HT setup. Which will sound better to you? The RC 64 is a tower speaker like the RF 7, just horizontal design and a little less power handling. At 200/800 watts power handling and four 6.5 woofer, the RC 64 is the second strongest speaker in the entire Reference line If you can't hear the center clearly with an RC 64, there is a problem with the setup/room![;)]

I just got done trying a tower (rf-63) over my rc-64 and here was my conclusion. I thought it would be a better sounding speaker than the center. This was not the case with my speakers. They speaker however did sound different in that I enjoyed the sound much more with the three Identical speakers with all tweeters the same height. Really gives that seamless soundstage people talk about. Now I know user Gorm runs three rf-7'a for his front and he says he enjoys the sound from the 8 inch horn. I don't think the rc-64ii has that size of horn. So I am guessing it would be a significant increase in the "size" of the sound. My opinion anyways. I have since moved to the thx line up and the 6"X10" horn is giving me what I was looking for. A much larger sound.

I had the RC-64 II paired with my RF-7 II'S UP FRONT and replaced it with an RF-7 II and was very pleased with the result. I also ran two more RF-7 II's for surrounds and did like how they all sounded together. I am selling the ones right now that I used as surrounds because we moved to Colorado and into a smaller home but I miss that set up.

Having three matching speakers across the front (L-C-R) should sound noticeably better than having a different centre speaker. Having matching surround speakers will have a less obvious benefit, but it will still be a benefit.

Last month, I upgraded my surround speakers from Heresy IIs to La Scalas, which makes a good match for the 510 JubScala II mains and Belle centre, and I like what I'm hearing. I'm not planning to switch back to smaller speakers.

If you have the room and the budget, matching speakers all around is the ideal setup.