The Search for La Scalas

TheBeast

Now that ive finally saved up some cash im starting to search for a pair of used La Scalas to start of my HT. There arent any on ebay, the ones on audiogon are WAY to expensive, and there arent any on Ubid. Are there any other places to look for them? Newspapers and such around here never have anything good in them. Has anyone else here had much luck trying to find them? Im hoping to get a pair for a reasonable price (under $800) by the end of the summer.

Nicer condition LaScalas normally run from 1200-1500 bucks a pair. You will have to be very lucky to get NICE ones for under that on eBay or anywhere. As a matter of fact, two or three months ago, NICE LaScalas were bringing HIGHER prices a pair on eBay than NICE pairs of k-horns were....go figure!!

------------------

I can now receive private messages

Beast,

I've followed prices over the last year or so on ebay and I think you will be able to get a very nice pair of LaScala's for a low of $800 to $1,000 at the top end. Don't forget to add additional cost for shipping.

BTW, the pair you cited were one of two pair I referenced to IndyKlipschFan in another post. Nice ones are listed, and if you are patient, you'll be rewarded.

Klipsch out.

I found a pair for $300 on Audio Review - one had a blown woofer but I found an exact replacemnt for $57. on ebay. Some dings needed woodfill and they had to be repainted black but they sound great! Had to travel a little to pick them up however.

I was alerted to another pair for $375. also on Audio Review I think by a post on this site. They were professionally finished in a walnut veneer on all sides. Again had to travel to pick them up but they are beautiful!

The usual price is between $750 to $1200. depending on condition. But there are bargains if you look around.

I have two home theaters ... one using Heritage speakers and the other using the more modern Klipsch THX LCR system which I am now converting to Heritage speakers. I just love the sound of Paul's creations!

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

This message has been edited by soundog on 07-02-2002 at 05:26 AM

soundog,

Haven't seen you out here in a while. I hope things are going well for you.

soundog's right here... the deals are out there, you just have to keep your eyes peeled and scour the internet for them. Your local paper is another source. Just be patient and they will find you...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems