Heh....tapping on glass.... WOW!

Coytee

Ok, so I should be embarassed to admit... I saw Finding Nemo for the first time ever... just yesterday!!

I've never seen it at the movie... I've seen certain scenes while at an audio store but, never the movie.

I DVR'd the movie several months ago and it's sat on my hard drive.

I got the Danley DTS-10's and was excited but, loaned out their crossover for several months so they were out of business. I got the crossover back and then complianed like a whining child that I wasn't so sure that I was getting any bass (at volume) from the Danley's.

Were the woofers wired correctly? I didn't know... I got the directions, checked them out and yes they are.

Were the woofers out of phase with each other? I didn't think so but, I've done more dumb things.... nope, they're in phase.

Does the Crown K2 have enough juice? (I'm running a single Crown K2 with a Danley on each channel)

Surely in a freaking little apartment, the Crown has enough juice and I don't need 2,000 watts? For crying out loud, the Danley's might work at those levels but the main speakers will shear me in half if I turn things up that loud.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, is it possible that I'm simply listening to various music parts that simply don't have much deep bass content?

Bingo! Seems that is the reality.

I sat through Nemo, nicely amused and impressed for what it was. I even recall a scene where Nemo runs into the glass of the fishbowl. I thought that was the tap scene.... boy, was I wrong!!

I decided if that was the glass tap scene, it was a very over-rated hype... but....I've read too much about it so it can't be. Be patient I told myself.

Then it happened.

Yikes -O- Mama!!

It was pretty unfreaking-believable!!!

The scary part is, the sound wasn't really up that loud. I've had it louder before.... but..... geez, with this little apartment sitting on floor joists over a crawlspace and the two Danley's..... it felt like a freaking earthquake!

I rewound it and played it three times, just to increase the ear to ear smile.

What fun!!

I got an RSW-12 a few months ago....I haven't had a subwoofer in my system since 95' and it has enough juice to make me question my room's structural integrity........2 DTS-10's must be F@#$ing crazy......................In an apartment no less.....Ear to ear smile.......check.[:D].

Yeah! The darla tapping scene is one if my favorite demo scenes for people. For two reasons. One, its just bada$$! Two, most have seen that movie, and its safe to say at least 9 of 10 have only heard it on little piddly home theaters with baby subwoofers so they have no clue. To me it's a perfect example to try and talk someone into a better sub. "See what's real sub does to all movies?" Lol