Emotiva Xpr 5 vs Rotel Rmb 1095 vs Sherwood A965 Power

ryder

well all these are very different in my opinion. the xpr 5 is emotivas flagship and 400 watts X5. the rotel is 200 X5 so comparable to an emotiva xpa-5 powerwise. then you have the sherwood. it is a 7 channel amplifier and it is only 100X7 with all channels driven. to me that one isn't even in the same boat. so i say decide wether you want a "higher end" brand with less power, used, or a new xpr-5 powerhouse. all up to you. both would probably be fantastic sounding amps. my oinion is the emotiva might be a little excessive powerwise for klipsch speakers and i would save my money and go with a new gen 2 xpa-5. great thing about it is it has a lower gain than previous models and will be easier to calibrate with that being said.

If all were the same price I may take the Emotiva. But they are not, for cheap the a965 would do a great job, all you need, IMO. If however you find a great deal on the 1095 it's a great amp, I had one on my 7's and it was the shizznit.

I also think 200 watts / channel is more than enough for Klipsch. The Rotel and the XPA amps would both be great. What preamp will you be using and correction system? That will have a major impact on the system as a whole. I personally like the avr/amp setup has a cost effective way to get more power and have a bulit in backup amplification system.

For what it's worth, the A-965 is one hell of an amp. I demoed it (and the snob in me doesn't own it since I could only find it in silver and I want it to match...), and it is honestly the quietest amp I've ever heard. If I could find one in black up here in the Great White North I would own it. The noise floor is incredibly low, so it would actually be a great pairing with your Klipsch. The guys at AVS gush over this amp, and when bench-tested, Dr David Rich (from Sensible Sound) was comparing it to Anthem Statement, MacIntosh, and Bryston in terms of it's noise floor...

This thread is completely useless unless you post pictures of everything :). I don't think you would have made a poor decision in any case with those 3 at the helm. I believe that your choice will come down to personal preference of sound. I'm rocking 125 watts a channel of clean power and the 7's gobble it up and spit out beautiful sound

bought rotel today will test them tomrrow ..

With guts like this you know it will have control of your RF-7's. That thing is a beast. With two 1.2KVA toroidal transformers and eight 15,000 microfarad capacitors in the power supply, your system will not be lacking headroom.

STOCK PHOTO(Google Images)

Rotel%20RMB%201095%205%20channel%20Ampli

STOCK PHOTO(Google Images)

Bill

i have xpr 5 already

Are you unsure about the XPR-5 or just want to see which will be your best bang for your $$$. I thought you meant thet you have the XPA-5 which IMO, the Rotel 1095 would be an upgrade. Against the XPR-5, it could be a close contest. Have fun with the duel.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

i tested rotel 1095 and xpr 5

Rotel is the winner

I think rotel more detailed and better match for rf-7.

Emotiva is more power and bright so i decide rotel 1095

I like to buy and test power amp think to buy

Vincent p200,

Nad m25 ,

Parasound a-51

So which one will be best with Rf-7 Set now i have 1095 and xpr 5

Need really experienced users idea

If your preamp has good EQ, you can pretty much make them all sound similar and save some bucks. Once you get to high quality gear, to go further up the ladder has diminishing returns per dollar spent. If you want something stronger than 400 watts look at Wyred For Sound, they make some extremely powerful amps with great SQ.