THX Ultra2 install advice needed

Gussboy

I am receiving my THX Ultra 2 speakers tomorrow (KL-650 LCRs, KS-525 surrounds), and am trying to plan their placement in my room. From the pictures below of my room, could I get away with placing all three of the KL-650 front stage speakers on my credenza and sub? The only other option I have is buying stands for them and placing the L/R speakers in the far corners.

Also considering my room is rather small (15' long, 11' wide) just how much toe is recommended on the KL-650 L/R speakers?

Room pic1:

http://i.imgur.com/4j0KmEu.jpg

Room pic2:

http://i.imgur.com/TOgyE8P.jpg

Any advice is appreciated!

• Moderators

Hi Gussboy, don't you feel like a kid at Christmas? Bet you won't sleep tonight. [:P]

Have you measured to see how much space you have? From the looks of it, the KL-650's would stand higher than the bottom part of your screen and even more so on top of the Velodyne HGS15 (used to own two of the...great subs). Just remember, if you do mount them that low, you will want to angle them upwards so the tweeters are aimed at your ears.

Yes my screen is going to have to move a few inches up no matter what config I decide one. This is because the KL-650 for the center channel (15" tall) will need to clear the bottom of the screen.

I was even considering chopping off the 3" tall legs on my wooden credenza just to fit things better. If I chop off the legs I will still need to raise my screen by about 3".

Which brought me to my point of.. if I have to raise the screen anyways for the center speaker, why not then place the L/R speakers on the credenza as well. But then I have the subwoofer placement issue.. and it is 22.5" inches tall by itself. I really have no other place for the sub to go other than the front right corner where it is now...

So I am thinking there are 2 choices:

(Option 1) corner placement on stands, center on credenza

(Option 2) set all three on top of credenza and sub.

hey guss boy i would try and have all three speakers the exact same height. however you place them. i have the exact same speakers and mine are the width of my screen (106 inch screen) and are on a huge stand to come from the center of the screen. i also do not tow mine in at all. but they are not in the corners. i have mine like because on the klipsch website they are facing straight. sounds great to me.

You could buy a new modern style end table. Some of the modern "tables" are designed to have additional separate modular cabinets sit on top of them. You could get the lower table without the modular components and use that to keep the speakers 4-6" off the ground. Will add additional cost, but will look clean and will fit the purpose. That is what I have done with that same set up.

I am receiving my THX Ultra 2 speakers tomorrow (KL-650 LCRs, KS-525 surrounds), and am trying to plan their placement in my room. From the pictures below of my room, could I get away with placing all three of the KL-650 front stage speakers on my credenza and sub? The only other option I have is buying stands for them and placing the L/R speakers in the far corners.

Also considering my room is rather small (15' long, 11' wide) just how much toe is recommended on the KL-650 L/R speakers?

Room pic1:

http://i.imgur.com/4j0KmEu.jpg

Room pic2:

http://i.imgur.com/TOgyE8P.jpg

Any advice is appreciated!

imho, I would see what height the center winds up at on the credenza and mount the other two to the walls at the same height. Looks like you have room in your picture.

post-53536-13819859221636_thumb.jpg