My 8 seconds are at hand

T2K

I read once that a baby boomer turns 60 years of age every 8 seconds. My 8 seconds arrived a month ago. After working for 43 years I worked my last day Wednesday. I'm trying to decide whether I should resign today or wait until Monday. I'm not superstitious at all but today is Friday the 13th.

What do you think?

Keith

Well... I'm not superstitious either, but it's always better to do things like this on a Monday out of consideration of the other party. On a Monday, they will take the news better and have a positive outlook on things. On a Friday, it causes stewing and the other party cannot act on the news and will worry all weekend. From my perspective as employer, I always waited until Monday to lay off an employee. The street goes both ways.

For what it's worth, most people don't retire until something like 75 now days. Have you thought of a second career? Usually the second one tends to be more what you want to do rather than what you have to. Last thing you want to do is nothing.

Thanks for all your comments.

I resigned on Friday effective on Monday. The sweetie that took my resignation letter allowed me to cry on her shoulder. She was wearing a low cut dress and it took me quite a few minutes to control my emotions.

I hear that there is an abundance of seafood and cold beer down along the coast. I'll probably work on that, but that's about it.

Happy trails.

Keith