Matched surrounds for RF-3II

BlackGTS

I know that the RS-3II is the preferred surround for the RF-3II speaks, but they only come around every now and then. Are any of the other RS surrounds timbre matched to the RF-3II? I know they will be more coin but I might run across a steal if Michael doesn't beat me to them here locally! [:'(]

Thanks,

Ron

• Moderators

I know they will be more coin but I might run across a steal if Michael doesn't beat me to them here locally!

Ha! Too funny Ron. I'm not looking for the RS speakers as I have finally worked up to the RS-62's. [:D] I'll be glad to help keep an eye out on a pair for you.

Here are some local surrounds that would work. Then you can keep an eye out on a pair of RS-35's.

White RS-35 for $85 - Link If he will ship and you like the white color, these are a great price.

RS-35 on Ebay - Link

RS-25 - $200 - Link

The RS 35's are nice surrounds. Plenty of spl to match my mains and center. I have not felt a need to upgrade.

I feel the same. I had numerous opportunities to upgrade to RS-52's and RS-62's in the last couple of years and just chose not too. I know the RS-62's would be a noticeable improvement(bigger, fuller) but the RS-52 would be only marginal.

Bill

As little as possible! I admit I am cheap and always waiting for the next deal. The bummer about being cheap is that you have to be patient. Have your friend come up with a number and we'll see what happens. I have found that by being patient, I have gotten better stuff than what I expected that I would end up with. We won't close on our place that this stuff is going into until probably next week so I'm not in a big hurry. In the meantime, I do appreciate you playing referee!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a RF-3II system and "had" RS-3II's for my surround (in my old house) and did not care for them.

In my new house I finished off my basement and put in-ceiling Klipsch CDT 5800-C-II for my rears. They match great and sound amazing. Best of all they don't take up any space being in my ceiling. They are a little expensive though.

If you have the opportunity compare the RS-3II's to the bookshelf version RB-3II