Music DVD Suggestion

sgarrott

I recently purchased the "Yanni Live at the Acropolis" music DVD and, in my opinion, it is awesome! It rivals the quality and sound of the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over". It will put your HT system to the test. The drum and base guitar solos ROCK!

Does anyone else have this DVD-your thoughts?

I use the opinions of the forum members to buy DVD's that are highly rated.

My system (for what it is worth)

Cornwalls W/O (1975)-mains

RB3's-rear

RC3II-center

SVS PCi 25-31-sub (suggested by forum members)

Onkyo 898 (which few on the forum like)

Panasonic DVD-RV31 (junk)

Sony Wega KV-36FS13

Monster cables

P***** off wife

Audioholic

Sorry I offended your sense of taste in music. I'm just an old man who likes a wide range of music (that's why I got the Cornwall's 25 years ago. I have other titles in my DVD collection that you could slash your ankles and throat over such as Santana, the Eagles, John Fogerty, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Riverdance to name a few. I just thought someone might be intereseted in a DVD that I thought was well done but how wrong I was!

Better go--WalMart just in the new Britney Speers "Live in Bubblegum Land".

I have Yanni on my computer... keep it down though hehe.

Aria, great to blast!!!

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

No offense intended to Yanni fans, but the New Age / PC pablum just ain't for me! The great thing about this country is that everyone is free to listen to whatever they like, just because I don't happen to like it doesn't mean others shouldn't listen to it. So load that player with Michael Bolton, Vanilla Ice, Milli Vanilli, and John Tesh - but I recommend headphones for personal safety! cwm32.gif Oops, I did it again? My bad! cwm32.gif

I checked out the CD version. Liked The violin work. I'd still rather listen to an orchestra doing some of the old classics. I have a wide variety of tastes. My neighbors think I'm schizo when I crank up the system & go from The Beatles to Beethoven.

------------------

Lew

Not Too Old To Rock 'N' Roll

My neighbors were blasting Bob Marley, Bad Company, Fuel, and something else on shuffle last weekened, strange mix - but fun (makes me feel better about when I blast mine). Music, you gotta love it!

But.... Isn't "Yanni Yanni Boo Boo" a childhood taunt?

fini,

Yup, you're 100% right, but what's life without a little risk!

clu (less),

Don't feel bad - I bet Hilary Clinton has Yanni's whole catalog! cwm44.gif Yanni sold more records than the Beatles and Elvis in ........ (insert your country here). The DVD I'm breathlessly waiting for is Boxcar Willie, and then the pan-flute guy is next. 5.1 DTS Boxcar Willie - pure audio nirvana! cwm20.gif

check out pearl jam - touring band 2000. this is the best music DVD that i ahve ever listened to...

also, its the best DVD i won, with the coolest features and such.

------------------

email me @:

skpathak24@socal.rr.com

IM me @:

TheSureelist

• 2 weeks later...

I second Roger Waters! I think the version of "Mother" rivals the original....just meant to be sung by women.

cwm30.gif

I'm surprised no one mentioned...

Metallica S&M,....This sets the standard for intensity, fullness and dynamics!

Springsteen.."Live in New York" is good too.

------------------

-Billyc>s>