Tripath amp with RF-83s/Klipschorns?

adobephoto

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience using a tripath t-amp with RF-83s and or Klipschorns? If so, what was your experience? I read they sound very tube like and the cost is very affordable. One thing im uncertain of is how much power I should be looking at. They have models that have approx 15w per channel all the way up to 60w per channel. I listen to mainly cd quality audio from my laptop/ipad and like a fair amount fo volume. The RF-83s were used in a home theater setup powered by a Onkyo receiver but I sold that along with the center channel and surrounds. The Klipschorns are my fathers that im storing but do have them setup in corners in a extra bedroom thats about 15x15. Ive been looking at a brand called Topping audio but it appears all the tripath amps out there probably use the same if not similar internals. Anyone have any experience with Tripaths here?

It's definitely worth taking a flyer on and let your ears do the walking. Both are highly sensitive speakers, the RD 83's are almost on a par with the Khorn in that respect. So not much money, no harm nor foul.

Could be a great place holder while you save up for some serious tube stuff for the Khorns.

I tried a 15 watt Topping t-amp with with my La Scalas. Very nice sound but seriously lacking bass. They do make a 50 watt model which I have been temted to give it a try.

Topping TP60 Tripath TA2022 50WPC (80WPC 4 Ohm) Mini Amplifier $207.99

Amazon.com

Mike

I tried a 15 watt Topping t-amp with with my La Scalas. Very nice sound but seriously lacking bass. They do make a 50 watt model which I have been temted to give it a try.

Topping TP60 Tripath TA2022 50WPC (80WPC 4 Ohm) Mini Amplifier $207.99

Amazon.com

Mike

That's the one

The Topping TP60 is one of the ones I have been looking at..everything I read about it is highly positive. They have a new DAC as well, the D3 that seems to get really sound reviews that I thought i might pair with it. Its around $200 as well though and might be a overkill I suppose since most of my music is CD quality and not lossless