Canare wire out, Mogami in

Coytee

Had room wired with Mogami Neglex in case I wanted to put amps across the room. Later, had some thoughts about adding other things so, ordered some more wire & installed some Canare.

There are 12 runs total (6 Canare, 6 Mogami) about 50' for each run.

Prior to moving to Florida, I snipped off some of the excess length so I could make some interconnects with them.

This is when I discovered the Mogami has a sheath (if that's the right name) that is wrapped around the core whereas, the Canare has a sheath that is woven.

Sitting at my table, good light, I was fumbling with the Canare and getting the inner wires out from inside the woven sheath. I was shown the method of opening a hole & pulling them out.

All fine & dandy.... I personally found it cumbersome but, it was workable.

I then realized that if it's cumbersome & tedious for me to do while sitting down at a table with good light, how much am I going to curse & cuss when I'm standing at a wall, hunched over doing it?

My back will be killing me.

Soooooooooooooo, upon the move back to Tennessee from Florida, I bought six more 50 foot runs of Mogami.

I yanked out the six runs of Canare & replaced them with the new Mogami. I told them I didn't care what the color of the outside was as long as it was different for each one.

That one switch cost me $400.

The funny (sick) part is, I don't even know if I'll actually use them.

I hate the money we spend just to prepare for the future, but if you can you will be happy you did. What was the Canare wire you used, looks like there are 2 star quad cables, one with a braided shield the other with a foiled shield. Plus one is 22 awg, and the other is 21 awg.

http://www.canare.com/ProductItemDisplay.aspx?productItemID=54

http://www.canare.com/ProductItemDisplay.aspx?productItemID=53

Edited by duder1982

The Canare is this stuff

http://www.markertek.com/Cables/Bulk-Wire-Cable/Bulk-Audio-Cable/Canare-Corporation-Of-America/L-4E6S-BK.xhtml

I bought it simply because it was less expensive than the Mogami. After working with it, I don't care.

I was going to have some length out of the walls (and currently have some since I've not yet trimmed it) but even if I'm sitting on the floor working on it, it's not as easy as I had it wen it was on the table in front of me.

I just find the woven sheath ornery to deal with.