Rf7iis eq or not?

Eq is not a band aid. I don't even know what that means? Its not like it will fall off or all of a sudden not work anymore lol. It's a tool to get the sound how you like it. Not everyone likes a flat response. If it sounds better that's all that matters.

As far as the rf-7ii you will not need a sub. Imo it will take a bit of eq to get nice bass at lower levels. But everyone has different needs for how much bass they want. I like chest pounding bass.

Edited by reference_head

A big key with the bass is that Klipsch speakers strive for efficiency and now looks with slender cabinets. With a typical woofer arrangement in a narrow cabinet will require baffle step compensation built in to the crossover. This would lower the efficiency by dropping the the upper end of the curve so the bass can keep up because of the narrower cabinet. Some speakers use something like a 2.5 way arrangement that will roll off the second woofer to make up for their not being enough bass launch support from a wider cabinet. Only problem that typically happens with the second woofer is that you are required to have very good current delivery due to the impedance drop of the two woofers.

Since a lot of systems don't have that type of current available, we sacrifice with EQ which eats our power reserves anyway.

Some of this goes away with a speaker like the Cornwall but if you want a speaker that doesn't dominate the room, EQ or modify the crossover yourself for the desired curve.

I really like the room's decor.

One question, where do you sit when you listen?

I sit in the solo seat right under that ARC lamp. I usually will sit there and drink some scotch and listen to tunes (but I haven’t set it up yet) but that’s where I watch the news or a movie downstairs etc. so that will be my main listening position. To be honest though I walk around downstairs a lot doing stuff on my Tank so I listen to music all over not just one central location. When I watch a movie upstairs in my Theater I have a spot that I stay in. Don’t even let the wife sit in that spot

post-52289-0-52480000-1389280399_thumb.j

Edited by MichaelandKlipsch

A big key with the bass is that Klipsch speakers strive for efficiency and now looks with slender cabinets. With a typical woofer arrangement in a narrow cabinet will require baffle step compensation built in to the crossover. This would lower the efficiency by dropping the the upper end of the curve so the bass can keep up because of the narrower cabinet. Some speakers use something like a 2.5 way arrangement that will roll off the second woofer to make up for their not being enough bass launch support from a wider cabinet. Only problem that typically happens with the second woofer is that you are required to have very good current delivery due to the impedance drop of the two woofers.

Since a lot of systems don't have that type of current available, we sacrifice with EQ which eats our power reserves anyway.

Some of this goes away with a speaker like the Cornwall but if you want a speaker that doesn't dominate the room, EQ or modify the crossover yourself for the desired curve.

I understand what you mean. Power should be plentiful with the Anthem P2 @ 325 Watts per channel but I wouldn’t mind owning a pair of nice Walnut Cornwalls Im not asking my wife to buy any speakers for a while or I may be sleeping in my car listening to my crappy Bose speakers in there :(

I see what you mean. I do EQ my cornwalls bass up but probably wouldn't have to if i had them in corners. They have more bass then any stand alone speaker i have ever heard. Another example of how EQ is used for placement issues. I have one spot i can put them in my small upstairs living room. And this is her room so just getting them in the room was a win lol. :D

I know what you mean RH. It was a sheer dumb lucky day when my Wife told me I was allowed to put my RF-7iis in our living room. her requirements were that the speaker had to be attractive, and that the AV unit needed to be as well and that no wires would be anywhere. I was able to install the wiring through the walls and kept a nice clean look. As for attractive speakers. RF-7ii enough said! I think my wife just wanted to make sure that they speakers didn’t look like our THX ultra 2 system. They fit the theater room nicely because it is a dedicated room and they are mounted with ominmounts and with the black ceiling etc they kind of disappear in there but there is no denying they are movie theater speakers not aesthetically pleasing multifunctional speakers IMO. Now I will say the Cornwalls are a drop dead gorgeous speaker but I think she likes the tall slender cabinet of the RF Series being that they appear more modern. But they can’t fit 12” or 15” bass producing drivers in them. I’m looking forward to hearing how the dual 10” drivers handle the bass in our open floor plan tomorrow. I think the speakers for the garage 2 channel setup in a few months will be some cornwalls or maybe some older heritage speaker

My wife has the Bose system in her car. It is pretty decent in that small space. I am doing the family room in a clean, minimalist way. It pleases the wife and both of us listen to music in the background while we are doing other sfuff. The good thing about a 2 channel setup in the family or living room is that if EQ is needed, it is not hard for just two channel. It is a monster doing it by ear in a multichannel system if not impossible.