Almost there "New" Listening Room

Mallette

dtel, I don't know about the travel down the wall thing. I really can't imagine much more accurate sound or imaging. That black box in the rendering is the sub.

As to needle bounce, none at all. I built that base to contain ballast and between that and the heavy stone top you have to jump up and down to get a skip even though it's a frame second floor.

As to the KCBR's, they've served well. I paid something just over a grand from them, then paid 500.00 to Forward Air to ship them from Denver. I thought it was quite a bargain. Still do...

Dave

• Moderators

I was thinking the black stand or box with the turntables on it, and how the sub is going to go. Thinking the sound from the side of each speaker may be a little different if there is something against the wall ? Does it make a difference. I don't have Khorns so i just wondering if it affects the sound, i have only heard other peoples setups and never moved any thing to find out, they probably would not have liked that. :huh:

I remember in Hope in the Klipsch listening room, and from where I was sitting in the back left side, the Khorns sounded like it's sound was coming from the back wall and down the side walls as if the walls were the speaker. It was the best room setup I had heard for the Khorn.

I don't know if it was just where I was sitting, a lucky choice, or a really good room for Khorns, or both, I don't know but for me it was the most impressive I have heard them sound.

I like the way your room looks and where the seating is, looks comfortable.

Edited by dtel

Yezzir, it's mighty comfortable. I am certainly hearing no boundary effect. In fact, the image seems to be holographic in there being a sense of the room being "bigger on the inside than on the outside" with apologies to Dr. Who. That is both due to Klipschorns themselves as well as the DynaQuad. The Monte Carlos in the rear are positioned almost like headphones at a distance in being in direct line to the ear. Really makes for a nice sound field.

Dave