1971 Cornwall C-WR-15

Here is a pic of the inside. All the insulation was bad so I used cotton bat, It works good. CT125 tweets from Bob with his caps for the cross overs. I also dynamat on the horns.

I did these mods to my 84 corny's also but with the stock paper insulation. By the way I bought the 84's new and I think the wife would shot me if I ever sold the 84's. My 72's were in very bad shape when I bought them.

post-34069-0-49660000-1391146196_thumb.j

Ill have to take some pics tonight. and no they didn't have grills. They were in bad shape and there were mouse droppings inside and was hard to clean. I did have to replace bats inside. I do have pics of replacement bats inside. I will see what I can find.

i'm guessing you bought these used

Yes I bought them used. A forum member in 04 posted that a set was on Kansas City Craigslist. So I and the wife left Colorado Spring at 2 pm to go and them up. The wife got mad at me on the trip. Not for driving to pit up speakers, but that I was behind the wheel of her new 03 Dakota R/T hit 10,000 miles and not her. I didn't here them when I bought them, but I had to have them. I was looking for a years for one for the center channel. The squawkers were blown so i I went to Crites for the parts for the repairs and bought upgrades. The bats are from a fabric store and I was the only guy in the place.

I would think about selling one. I did paint one black it was pretty beat up but it looks good in black. I was going to re veneer it but that has been but on hold with the theater build

post-34069-0-04780000-1391214668_thumb.j

i don't know where we are on this topic but i still say all cornwalls ( heresys included up to 1975 ) with veneer came from the factory with grill cloth stapled around the motorboard. anyone can remove the cloth ( i did ) at a later date. i have seen no pictures to prove other wise. late 75 early 76 they had removable grills.

Edited by Budman

i don't know where we are on this topic but i still say all cornwalls ( heresys included up to 1975 ) with veneer came from the factory with grill cloth stapled around the motorboard. anyone can remove the cloth ( i did ) at a later date. i have seen no pictures to prove other wise. late 75 early 76 they had removable grills.

You have seen the price list that says raw finishes were furnished without cloth. I have had a motor board out of one of my cabinets as I was planing at the time to have a vertical one cut so I could use it as a center. There were no staple holes. Take it for what it is worth, I don't care if you believe me or not.

its not about me believing you or not. in the 10 yrs i've been on here i have never seen anyone post a picture of a veneered cornwall without grill cloth.

the answer lies in your post. raw finishes were furnished without grill cloth. this is my point. raw finishes were decorators

bobdog If you have a spare Cornwall to make it a center channel I would do it. Have a new motor board cut from birch plywood. Once done you will not look back, but you will ask your self what took you so long to do it. This is where the factory is losing out now on the Cornwall III is no center channel. As for grill on these I just thought mine went missing after all these years. I had no pieces of cloth wrapped around the motor board. For staple holes on the motor board to hold the grill I don;t remember as it was 10 years ago.

Edited by MoparBob

its not about me believing you or not. in the 10 yrs i've been on here i have never seen anyone post a picture of a veneered cornwall without grill cloth.

the answer lies in your post. raw finishes were furnished without grill cloth. this is my point. raw finishes were decorators

Ok here is a 1974 price list http://images.klipsch.com/Pricelist_740415_Canadian_635164928721028000.pdf Scroll down to the prices for custom jobs and you will find WR-15s It clearly states they were available without grill cloth. Decorators were different and were designated DR not WR. If the raw units were actually decorator style I bet they were pretty.

Edited by bobdog

bobdog I you have a spare Cornwall to make it a center channel I would do it. Have a new motor board cut birch plywood. Once done you will not look back, but you will ask your self what took you so long to do it. This where the factory is losing out now on the Cornwall III is no center channel. As for grill on these I just thought mine went missing after all these years. I had no pieces of cloth wrapped around the motor board. For staple holes on the motor board to hold the grill I don;t remember as it was 10 years ago.

I use a Lascala for my center.

Hey guys. With regard to the grill cloth on veneered cabs from this era-- likely this was a flexible option offered by klipsch. Some guys ordered their cabs left "raw" with no stain or oil and no cloth. Or, some guys had klipsch put cloth on them. Mine look factory but if you happen to have a pair of unfinished veneers with no staple holes on the back of the motor board then likely they were delivered to the customer without cloth.