Bit of a late holiday gift to myself.

justinsweber

Now that the holiday season has left, I found myself with some extra funds. Ive parted with my Sumiko Blue point2 and in process of building my step-up transformers and then a Denon 103R for my Classic 1 table. Today the really treat showed up.

my Dayton D250P-8 1" Polyimide drivers came in. Dave Harris was pretty insistent that the Dayton D250P-8 1" Polyimide would be a step up... He actually said the B&C DE10 or Dayton D250P-8 1" Polyimide would be an improvement over my D220ti drivers.

I thought Id be getting to bed early tonight, but upgrade fever took over. Im not sure there is a significant improvement of not, but I was able to turn down the attenuation on my ES network. The Selenuim was being run at -9... (No adjustment left). The Dayton D250P-8 1" Polyimide is comfortable at -7. I may even back it out to the -9 position tomorrow to see it I prefer even a bit more relaxed.

Thought Id share... :0)

Selenium D220Ti 1" Titanium Vs Dayton Audio D250P-8 1" Polyimide

I decided to swap my Selenium D220Ti for Dayton D250P-8 1" Polyimide.

photo 3

To be honest I can't hear the diff... The cornscala are open. I need to push them bak into position and listen... prob a sat. thing. I did set the crossover at -7 instead of -9... was a bit sharp... but moving them back 2 feet should help... if not then Ill go back to -9. The Dayton is 104db effic. the Selenium is 109db. I assume once in place it will be a touch smoother than before. (Dave will tell you I don't like my tweeter nipping at me). The build quality is pretty incredible. They are a steal at $39 for the ti versions. All the manufactures have really stepped up there game and build better drivers and for less coin.

It will be interesting to see how you like the sound after a while. I've been using the 220ti for a few years now in my modded Khorns, and sometimes wonder if there is something that may sound better. I like the Seleniums better than Crites tweets or K77's. I had to resort to using an L-pad to attenuate the 220's enough to blend in.