Need new AVR suggestions!

Muzyka

I recently upgraded all my speakers in my home theater. I had the Onkyo HT-SR 800 HTIB for years. The speakers I currently have are all Klipsch. Front L/R: KSF 8.5, Center: KSF-C5, Surround L/R: KSF-S5, Rear L/R: SB-1.

I'm still using the receiver that came with the HTIB, Onkyo HT-R550. I'd like to get a new receiver next but have no idea what to start looking at. I use it usually for TV/Movies and music, sometimes gaming. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! The attached picture shows the specs of the current receiver I have.

post-57914-0-36270000-1393000918_thumb.j

• Like 1

What about Pioneer? I noticed some of them are around $500 also one of their Elite is $500. I don't use the system much at the moment because of work. But now since I have all Klipsch speakers I just love sitting and listening to music. Sounds so good

Yamaha makes a range of good-sounding AVRs ranging in price from $300 to $850 in their RX-V line:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/?mode=series

They also have a higher-end line of AVRs, the Aventage, which range in price from $700 to $2200:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/aventage/#page=1&mode=paging

As for power ratings, most speaker manufacturers recommend using receivers or amplifiers with higher power outputs than the speaker ratings, to ensure that the receiver or amp will always be operating in its clean low-distortion range.

When amplifiers are asked to produce near-maximum power, that's when distortion or clipping can occur, which will damage speakers. If the amplifier has power to spare, that's much less likely to happen.

Edited by Islander
  • Like 1

Should I buy new or maybe used? I was browsing craigslist and found a couple receivers and was wondering what you guys think of them?

Marantz SR6006 7.1 $575, Denon AVR-X3000 7.1 $550 and a Onkyo TX-NR1007 9.2 $? emailed for price.

I just added another set of towers to my HT. I now own all of the KSF series speakers. They're all Klipsh. KSF-10.5 front, KSF-C5 center, KSF-S5 surrounds, KSF-8.5 rear(were the SB-1 but bought new front towers). I have the SB-1 bookshelf as extra now... or should i maybe try and find a 9.1 receiver? Should I just pair the SB-1 with my surrounds and stay with a 7.1 or what...? No idea. I'm in no rush to buy a receiver. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!