Khorn tophats and side grill frames for sale

greg928gts

I bought a pair of Khorns (mid 70''s I think) for the bass horns and I'm selling the tophats and the side grill frames. Everything is in poor cosmetic condition.

Three of the four bass side grill frames are in good condition, as in not broken, but the cloth is no good. Will sell as a set of four, three, or individually. I suppose the broken one could be fixed. It wouldn't be easy though. I have one that I can put with the three that is broken, but not as bad as the other one. It would be easier to fix.

On the tophats, I am willing to sell just the wood pieces, just the internals, or both. I can put on a pallet and send by truck, or pack in a box to send by Fedex. Pretty flexible on how we work it out. I'm flexible on price too. Not really sure what this is worth, so my prices are a starting point.

I have now tested all the components, and they all work. The K77 pair $70, K55 pair $120, K400 mid horns pair $150, crossovers pair $100, Mis-matched pair of K33 woofers, one is original with square magnet and the other is a Klipsch replacement woofer $100.

Tophat wood pieces that make up the cabinet (four ‘homeplate’ pieces, four side pieces, and two risers) - $250

Two horn motorboards that fit into the tophat cabinet (old cloth still on them) - $100

Four side grill frames (old cloth still attached) (one broken) - $250

All prices are negotiable, especially if buying more than one item

Prices include my time to pack for shipping as well as the cost of packing materials.

post-8986-0-03000000-1394055161_thumb.jp

post-8986-0-95800000-1394055166_thumb.jp

post-8986-0-56000000-1394055171_thumb.jp

Edited by greg928gts
  • Like 1

those HF sections are interesting... your pricing the motor boards separately?

those three pictures are of the same speaker correct? is the other speaker in similar condition? is that a veneer piece missing on the top corner or is that wood color?

Edited by Schu

those HF sections are interesting... your pricing the motor boards separately?

those three pictures are of the same speaker correct? is the other speaker in similar condition? is that a veneer piece missing on the top corner or is that wood color?

I've had several requests for motorboards over the years, so I thought I would separate them out.

Both speakers are in the same condition, and yes, that is a piece of missing edgebanding. There are several pieces of edgebanding missing. I don't think the veneer is restorable, I think it will need to be re-veneered. Unless aesthetics are not important.