Immediate need for 2.1 sytem recommendation

bracurrie

I have arrived at my mother in laws home in S.C. and found no music system. The drive unit for a Sony 5.1 HT system that was used in a non HT situation needs to be replaced. Her needs are not that ambitious but a 2.1 or small 2.0 bookshelf intergrated system with easy to use AM/FM and CD would do.

I haven't looked at these in many years and was wondering if anyone had seen anything worth buying I would appreciate a tip.

Thanks

Its frustrating to try and shop for a shelf system to play CDs, have AM/FM and be easy to use for an older lady. Been looking at Best Buy and online at Amazon. Lack of response here tells me I may have to buy pre-loved to get something my mother in law will be able to use.

I have heard good things about these little Onkyo shelf systems. Thinking of getting one for the bedroom myself?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Onkyo-CR-305TX-2-Channel-30-Watt-Receiver-w-Remote-2-Speakers-Antenna-/161250844338?pt=US_Stereo_Receivers&hash=item258b4c9eb2

That seems like a deal.

Bracurrie, it might be a good idea to take your Mom shopping, that way she can actually feel the controls….good luck.

Bracurrie, it might be a good idea to take your Mom shopping, that way she can actually feel the controls….good luck.
Well, that isn't going to happen, but I did find this and showed it to her and the remote control sold the deal. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008YDTS0S/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 With Prime it will be here Wednesday which is in time to unbox, install and train.

Thanks to all that suggested something.

• Like 1