Sub amp failure-Epik Legend

derrickdj1

Looks like I need to order some polyfill. Man, they have it PACKED in there.

wal mart sells polyfill CHEAP in the fabric section

The more I read, the more I think polyfill is useless and fiberglass is the way to go (as far as sealed subs are concerned.  Plus, I have half a roll in the attic.

A discussion (copy and paste from another site)

Originally Posted by tundrSQ go_quote.gif

Are you trying to tell us that you think this will be an audible difference?tongue.gifrolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif

At some point enough is enough .....i say.cool.gif

There is a definite measurable difference between using polyfill and fiberglass insulation. Recently when doing a few tests we found polyfill to be nearly useless vs fiberglass. Especially when trying to absorb any back waves from the driver so they don't reflect back through the cone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalSlacker go_quote.gif

With a ported box is there any concern that small fragments of your filler will be blown around the room and inhaled? Inhaling small fiberglass particles isn't the best for your health

As a general rule you don't want any fill in a vented enclosure. It kills your bottom impedance peak which is what gets you the extra output. You lose more output than you gain any apparent gain in enclosure size.

John {C} {C}

{C} {C}

John E. Janowitz
Acoustic Elegance, LLC
"Learn from the mistakes of others... you can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself"