KLF30's on UBID... yes or no?

I just see the big KLF30's on that site, apparently they are pretty cheap (not sure about their final price, but so far the offers are less than 300 bucks each).

I have read here and there Ubid horror histories, but want to read first hand experience from old forum users.

Oh, and a last, obligated question. Are the KLF30 more like the RF7 or more like the "Heritage sound"?

Thanks!

This message has been edited by Manuel on 07-15-2002 at 02:11 PM

could have bought the reference line at significant discount off retail...really happy w/the legends.what are you using them for? music(what kinds) movies?,surround or stereo?

avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center (looking for 1-m.o.klf-20)

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Natuzzi red leather furniture set

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

I bought a KLF-C7 from u-bid 6 months ago and had no problems with the transaction. You just have to factor in their outrageous shipping charges to decide if you are getting a good deal or not. If you can get them for around 300 a piece that is still a very good deal, even with shipping of 107 a speaker.

Benny

quote:

Originally posted by avman:

could have bought the reference line at significant discount off retail...really happy w/the legends.what are you using them for? music(what kinds) movies?,surround or stereo?

avman.

They are for my brother, I have a pair of Heresy and he loved them. He now wants to have Klipsch speakers and find the deal in Ubid. For the most part, he will listen to classical music.

But just be warned about U-Bid... shipping will get you! For large speakers like this it is $5.99+$0.99 per pound. This gets expensive... you end up spending more than the speaker was purchased for to get them shipped. But also, remember this, too.... You are still getting a deal if you pay $1000 for KLF-30's. Smile.gif

------------------

icon98.gif Have a ProMedia sound problem? Visit SoundWise for help.

Still have PM sound probs? Email Amy or call at 1-888-554-5665. icon97.gif

s>

I've bought quite a few things from uBid over the years, including a set of KLF-20's and KLF-C7's. I've had generally good results. Just be careful not to get "caught up in the bidding frenzy" so you don't pay more than you want. It's best to keep an eye out for a newly opened auction, and just put in the minimum bid as soon as you can. Then, come back shortly before the auction closes and update your bid; later bids can be bumped if you have an "earlier first bid" time (read the rules for all the details). Be aware that your bid is PER SPEAKER, not per pair. Also, be sure to factor in the cost of shipping, which can be quite high (the weights listed are PER SPEAKER, so the total s/h for a set of KLF-30's is something like $230). Anyway, you can still get a good deal, especially considering the full 5-year Klipsch warranty will be in effect (unlike purchases, even of new Klipsch, from eBay and such).

Good luck!

Steve

I have bought 3 pairs of klipsch quintet speakers, a klipsch center channel speaker and a small sub from u-bid. All these items were bought at a great price even with the high shipping charges. I even have a warrenty. I have nothing but praise for u-bid, super fast shipping also.Just figure out what you would pay at the dealer and if you can save a buck or two on u-bid even with thier high shipping what the hech just do it.