Old English Oil

wheelman

old english is great for touching up nicks & dings, but i dont think its a good idea for long term use, manly because there is too much color/stain in it & it could change the overall color of your speakers over time.

old english is great for touching up nicks & dings, but i dont think its a good idea for long term use, manly because there is too much color/stain in it & it could change the overall color of your speakers over time.

You sure your not thinking Old English Scratch Cover? The Oil does this too?

• 1 month later...

At the recommendation of Klipsch Technical Support, I used Watco Rejuvenating Oil (now owned by Rustoleum) on both my walnut oiled Forte's and my oak Klipschorns and it worked great. Interestingly we did not wipe off the excess oil of the tops of my Forte's in between coats, just let it dry. It not only made some light scratches hardly noticeable, but also dried to a nice gloss. I bought the Forte's in March and was disappointed when I saw the tops. There were more scratches then described. I thought they would need to be sanded. Instead we lightly steel wooled the tops with the rejuvenating oil, wiped off the first coat to remove any steel, cloth,etc, then applied 3 more coats. I take meticulous care of my stuff and didn't think I could live with the Forte's with the scratches. Now I am completely content with their appearance and love the glossy sheen. You need to look hard under bright light to see any remaining scratches. They are very dry to the touch and can be dusted with an old white cotton t-shirt. For the oak Khorns, steel wool was not needed, just wiped with a damp cotton cloth, and then applied 2 coats of the rejuvenating oil, letting them dry thoroughly in between. I didn't want the gloss on the Khorns, so with two coats, they have more of a light satin finish. I had a hard time finding this product, but found one can at Menards. You can also get it online.

• Like 1