pawn shop score and one happy dude

phishken

Hello music fans,

Today was a wierd day. Woke up with a major urge to drop by the pawn shop. I have one down the road from me that carrys a ton of vintage guitars and such. Its a pretty special hole in the wall... even more so after today.

Walk in... browse the audio gear and stumble upon a pair of Heresys and about shite thy shorts. Nice shape and a $329 price tag. After inspecting them and hearing them I decide I'll take them home. The salesman tells me they put them out only an hour earlier. Offers them to me for $320 including sales tax.

First impression of them so far is they are great. I had been running a pair of SF-1s as my 2 channel speakers. Serious lack of bass with them. The Heresy's are putting out more than enough. Im noticing alot more music than ever before. The most noticable differce is I can hear each instrument, I can hear both Jerry and Bob so much easier.

Next upgrade is to find a cheap Fisher or Scott to use while I $$$$ave up for monoblocks, preamp, turntable and all that fun stuff.

http://hometown.aol.com/grubbymc/index.html

I believe the wood is Walnut, is that correct? The serial number on one speaker reads...108?518... to me it looks like 108u... or it could be 1084... are these 1984s? Also, how far appart should they be.. sofa to tv is 8feet.

thanks. Ken

This message has been edited by phishken on 07-16-2002 at 08:49 PM

the only klipsch i have seen at a pawn shop... stolen white Quintet speakers with broken stands that were ripped off the walls, when they were stolen........

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

Score!

I had a very similar experience which led me to buy my Heresies. Great speakers and made me a believer in the Heritage series.

Won't mention the price I got mine for. Smile.gif You would shite your pants and cry tears til you were soaked.

Almost hit the pawn shop today. Kids in tow prevented it but I feel the need...

------------------

HT - Klipsch Synergy Premiere

Audio - Heresy, KG4

Similar pawn shop experience, only with a tuner. Found a Yamaha T-85 tuner, sitting in a pile of tuners, at my local pawn shop. Bought it for $50, and talked the salesperson (if that's what they're called in a pawn shop) down from $100!

That same tuner regularly goes between $250 and $300 on Ebay.

------------------

Mike - Livonia, MI

Klipsch RF-3 L/R

Klipsch RC-3 Center

Klipsch RB-5 rears

HSU Research VF-2 Sub

Marantz SR-19EX receiver

Marantz MM-9000 Amp

NAD T550 DVD

Adcom GCD 700 CD