It's better to be an audio scientist rather than a technocrat

Chris A

I agree with the subject matter of the thread, well spoken, and more truth than iv seen in a long time.

Ever since Al Gore gave me permission to rant, b-tch, and swap ideas, it has been and will continue to be an asset to my life.

Im nothing without you guys and someone somewhere is payin for a server to hold all this crap, good or bad.

Life is what I make it. and this is one of the better forums if not the best of them for well rounded input.

I liked and loved a lot of speakers growing up to this point, until someone shoved a Hersey in my face I did not know there was "More".

One of the main reasons I got out of Ham Radio after 50 years was too many with a stick up their azz just because they could afford better equipment (and Let You Know It).

Reminds me of the first week on this forum, Coffee/Cables, (did not know better) chatted a bit, gave someguy a compliment and within two replys he turned my compliment into a heated reply trying to provoke me, what a di-khead. for some people here this is a part of their life, like me, for others, this is their life.

Chris A , I will buy the beer, good post......

• Like 2

I avoid the forums in which arrogance and intolerance (both of opposing viewpoints and lack of expertise) seem prevalent. On the other hand, I appreciate folks with expertise who seem to focus on sharing it in layman's terms, like Chris seems to want to do. Oh, Chris, I'd take you up on your caveat emptor but maybe give a hint as to the forum you're referring to. Thanks for your post. Chuck

One of the main reasons I got out of Ham Radio after 50 years was too many with a stick up their azz just because they could afford better equipment (and Let You Know It).

Mark, you mean to say that you don't have a dozen 100+ foot towers with stacked monobanders? Simply awful and insulting to the ham community!!! :D

Maynard

Edited by tube fanatic
  • Like 1

Mark, you mean to say that you don't have a dozen 100+ foot towers with stacked monobanders? Simply awful and insulting to the ham community!!! :D

Maynard

I did manage to keep a Kw amp, look to someday owning a moonraker just to really pizzoff the neighborhood.

• Like 2

I avoid the forums in which arrogance and intolerance (both of opposing viewpoints and lack of expertise) seem prevalent. On the other hand, I appreciate folks with expertise who seem to focus on sharing it in layman's terms, like Chris seems to want to do. Oh, Chris, I'd take you up on your caveat emptor but maybe give a hint as to the forum you're referring to. Thanks for your post. Chuck

"learn, share knowledge, and enjoy interacting with others"

diyAudio.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/site-announcements/167561-diyaudio-rules.html

They can be vicious.

Edited by mike stehr