New Turntable or Cart upgrade?

USNRET

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not trying to bad mouth the scout, it is a good table. I just always feel if I am going to upgrade I want the absolute best I can get for that money

I have owned the scout, the aries version 1 and 2, TNT jr, TNT 3, 4, and 5. clearaudio champ level 1 and 2, basis 1400, notingham hyperspace, and mapleknoll air bearing tables + others I have forgotten over the years

Arms I have had are SME IV, & V Graham1.5, 2.0, and thee 2.2, JMW 9, 10.5 & 12 and the sme was the hands down easiest to set up, I loved the graham 2.2 its a wonderful arm

Thanks Joe, I have seen those but I get the jitters buying used and shipped. Yea, I know new ones are shipped too.

That TNT with the options does look nice.

If it is close enough to me I will happily help get it shipped safely, I cannot count the tables I have shipped safely, one horror of a table to ship was the maplenoll ariadne platter was 75 pounds solid lead if it had been dropped with poor packing it would have been ruined shipped 2000 miles no issues

I would not allow a novice to ship a table unless they had the original packing, (i understand that fear believe me). I was so passionate about tables I drove in excess of 1000 miles round trip to pick them up on more than 1 occasion

I can also offer packing tips to anyone you buy from, most of the solid mount tables are relatively easy to ship, padding is the key

for the money if I were buying this is the table I would buy and the owner has excellent feedback, also states he has original packing ask him to double box and it should survive a bomb blast

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/turntables-basis-audio-2001-black-tt-w-graham-2-2-tonearm-blk-silver-dustcover-pristine-2014-04-23-analog-63011-manchester-mo

Edited by joessportster

Guest David H

Thats a nice setup.

I am running a Basis Signature 2001 with Grahm 2.2. really sweet sounding rig.

Dave

or the money if I were buying this is the table I would buy and the owner has excellent feedback, also states he has original packing ask him to double box and it should survive a bomb blast http://app.audiogon....1-manchester-mo

Amen -- Garymd also has a Basis 2001, and everyone very much likes his vinyl playback. My own setup is a Basis Vector arm and an older Basis Ovation 'table. Very nice, excellent-performing setup.

This particular Audiogon offering also includes the excellent Basis record clamp ($300 new) and a nice dust cover.

Edited by LarryC

or the money if I were buying this is the table I would buy and the owner has excellent feedback, also states he has original packing ask him to double box and it should survive a bomb blast http://app.audiogon....1-manchester-mo

Amen -- Garymd also has a Basis 2001, and everyone very much likes his vinyl playback. My own setup is a Basis Vector arm and an older Basis Ovation 'table. Very nice, excellent-performing setup.

I tried to contact via that site and my login is not working nor is the password recovery working so far.

I can't set up another account either.

Anyone want to send him my email michael (dot) welch at grandecom (dot) net if he wants to contact me

Edited by USNRET

I explained the situation to him and I told him about this thread to try and add an air of legitimacy to the inquiry, if worse comes to worse I will put in an offer for you and we can work out details with him,

I think if you get this table you will be very very happy you did

Edited by joessportster

I explained the situation to him and I told him about this thread to try and add an air of legitimacy to the inquiry, if worse comes to worse I will put in an offer for you and we can work out details with him,

I think if you get this table you will be very very happy you did

Thanks, my man. I had just sent you a PM saying to direct him to this cluster.

I have a clearaudio champion level 11 and a significantly upgraded linn lp12 that I am going to sell as I am upgrading as well. If you are interested let me know and I can fill you in on the details of each.

Josh

Mike just sent you another PM with some contact info for tony please confirm receipt

Joe

Received and deal made.

I bought this: http://app.audiogon.com/listings/turntables-basis-audio-2001-black-tt-w-graham-2-2-tonearm-blk-silver-dustcover-pristine-2014-04-23-analog-63011-manchester-mo

Thanks to all for the help and the offers. I had to flip a coin over a couple of them. Perhaps I should buy 2. Now on to find a cartridge for the Graham 2.2 arm.