Rare Heresy's or knockoffs?

Guest Steven1963

They are the original heresy. k22 woofer made by alinco if i remember correctly today. They are original from the outside and appear to be approx 1967...im taking a stab at it and could look them up although they are authentic klipsch.

Value is correct or right there about although i would not pay more than $350 personally. If I had tons of money I would pay $500 max...Not saying their not worth $650 because to the right person in my opinion they would be...he may be at the fishing hole quite a while til he gets a bite at $650 on clist...maybe not...never know

• Like 1

if they came from the factory in their present condition and if you could read the label it would say HD-BB which stands for Heresy Decorator - Birch Black and as mungkiman said in the above post the N stands for 1975

Decorator versions are the least expensive model having no furniture grade veneer or grill cloth so they are not that rare

it does look like the label says HD-BB

if your interested in buying them i can e-mail you what i think their worth or you could go over to ebay and see what their selling for.

Edited by Budman

Guest Steven1963

Thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge. Interesting to read and learn all about this. I have no idea where a person could learn so much about the Klipsch brand other than here. I was more curious about them because I had never seen a Heresy that looked like that. I don't think my wife would allow me any more real estate for speakers so they aren't going to be purchased by me.

They are the original heresy. k22 woofer made by alinco if i remember correctly today. They are original from the outside and appear to be approx 1967...im taking a stab at it and could look them up although they are authentic klipsch.

Value is correct or right there about although i would not pay more than $350 personally. If I had tons of money I would pay $500 max...Not saying their not worth $650 because to the right person in my opinion they would be...he may be at the fishing hole quite a while til he gets a bite at $650 on clist...maybe not...never know

Small Parts department...Alnico refers to the magnet in the woofer and not the maker. Aluminum (AL) Nickel (NI) and Cobalt (CO). Alnico drivers are thought by many to perform and sound better than those made with different alloys.

I think the guy is in outer space at that price. Sorry, but I would pass on them since you are likely to only offend him. There are plenty of other fish in the sea. If you like black Heresy's, you could look for a pair of KP-201's. They are pro versions of the Heresy II, and they usually sell for less than Heresy I's. Go figure...

Beeker

As mentioned above, ALNICO is essentially an acronym for the composition of the magnet used on the driver. A number of loudspeaker driver companies used it, as some still do so today, one of which is Lowther in England.

Edited by erik2A3

Yes i know...my collection of vintage utahs near all have the alinco design upon there woofer :)

Edit: not to mention near all of my vintage studio jbl and so many others...

Edited by beeker
  • Like 2