Nothing New, Just suprised on the difference.

derrickdj1

I have had two of my subs around 9 ft., one around 14 ft. and the other one around 11 ft.from the MLP. No problem and placement was east. I did not want to move them but, I kept thinking how much difference in power useage if I could go from one sub corner loaded to 4 subs in a corner. Well, reality will only let me get three into corners. I ran the additional wires and set everything up.

Results:

1. Headroom went up 3-4 times for the same high spl.

2. No lost of tactile respone moving two of the subs 20 ft away from the MLP or spl. One is at 14 ft and the last one is near the main

around 11 ft.

3. Changed from calibrating the subs from roughly 70 db to 65-66 db each sub prior to autocalibration.

4. Watched Tron Legacy at reference level, the power console use to shoot up to 2000 watts, baseline was 150 watt without loud

scenes. The same scenes now at ref. level use around 650 watts.

5. Two sub on one power console and the other two on a second power console. HT is on two dedicated 15 amp circuits

6. From a power management scheme, corner loading the three sub was equal to triple the amplifer power, decrease stress on subs

and a slight smoother room response .

7. No boomy bass due to autocalibration, phase matching and, time align impluse response

Take home message, try spreading the subs out as far as possible in the room.

Edited by derrickdj1

Corner loading certainly has it's benefits. Now you have real data to prove it to yourself. 4 subs, one centered on each wall normally gives the best response. 4 subs corner loaded gives almost as good of a response but is more efficient due to corner loading as you've found out. Great post.

• Moderators
decrease stress on subs and a slight smoother room response .

Decreased stress is a good thing, probably sounds better and less distortion, plus more headroom.

You win all the way around :emotion-21:

• Like 1

i think since mine were corner loaded was why i was having to cut at 20 hz to be flat down to single digits. we shall see if out a bit gets the same response. if not i will be very sad.

I can't imagine you being sad. The almighty made corners just for sealed subs, lol.

Edited by derrickdj1