Bad idea to make your passion/hobby a career?

Kain

Okay, just thinking out loud here but what if I said I wanted to do something (could be anything really, doesn't have to be audio related) that I could manage on my own or at max have only a few people and still make good money? Any recommendations/opinions/comments?

There is no easy way to make money doing what you describe...If you find you are good at something that someone wants to pay for then that would be the place to start, but pulling an occupation out of thin air that's going to allow you to earn a living is going to be farfetched.

{EDIT: Of course, if you were starting with some working capital then you may have more options.}

Edited by tkdamerica

Okay, just thinking out loud here but what if I said I wanted to do something (could be anything really, doesn't have to be audio related) that I could manage on my own or at max have only a few people and still make good money? Any recommendations/opinions/comments?

Dealing drugs is indeed a lucrative way to make a living and you can certainly do it on your own or at max only a few people. Such a career, however, is often short lived and I would not recommend you pursue such an option. I'm not even sure why you'd ask us about such a thing.

Kain,

On a more helpful note, I'm pretty sure that virtually no one posting here understands the business conditions and opportunities in Dubai. That is the reason why I didn't suggest specific alternatives as examples.

I've found that there are opportunities for business development that do not require large amounts of upfront capital investment, but I've also found these opportunities usually require some sort of personal connections to identify. If you are in the business of insurance presently, perhaps getting to know some of your customers personally might make all the difference in the world in locating these opportunities.

Chris

• Like 1