Horn dimension help needed

Recently purchased an empty pair of Cornwall I cabinets for a summer project (another one....). Anyway, it looks as though someone previous to me was going to try to convert these to Cornwall II's, as the tweeter cutouts in the motor boards have been made to accomodate K-79-K's, and the mid horn cutout has been slightly lengthened as well. I'm going to go ahead with this mod, due to the fact these cutouts had already been made, and it would be a serious headache to remove and replace the motorboard in each. So....I just want to make sure that the K-601 horn will fit the modded cutout. The dimensions of the cutout are

10 5/16 inches across, 3 7/16 inches tall.. Also, is there a link or somewhere I can go in the future to find technical dimensions of components? thanks for any help. The woofer cutout has not been changed.

BTW, any other suggestions or words of advice are very welcome.....as always. Jim

post-12530-0-76280000-1402271145_thumb.j

Recently purchased an empty pair of Cornwall I cabinets for a summer project (another one....). Anyway, it looks as though someone previous to me was going to try to convert these to Cornwall II's, as the tweeter cutouts in the motor boards have been made to accomodate K-79-K's, and the mid horn cutout has been slightly lengthened as well. I'm going to go ahead with this mod, due to the fact these cutouts had already been made, and it would be a serious headache to remove and replace the motorboard in each. So....I just want to make sure that the K-601 horn will fit the modded cutout. The dimensions of the cutout are

10 5/16 inches across, 3 7/16 inches tall.. Also, is there a link or somewhere I can go in the future to find technical dimensions of components? thanks for any help. The woofer cutout has not been changed.

BTW, any other suggestions or words of advice are very welcome.....as always. Jim

attachicon.gifIMG_2848 (Large).JPG

I have a pair of K-79-K tweeters with the desirable Crites Titanium diaphragms for sale. Those would be plug and play. I also have the Crossover components for it.

I also have a pair of Chorus II Midrange Tractrix Horns (superior to K-600's). complete horns/drivers that would require some enlargement of the hole. I hear you got some K-600's from Mike, so maybe we can make a deal. PM me if interested.

Edited by ClaudeJ1

I'd go ahead and make the hole even bigger and install a Fastrac horn from Gothover.

Great idea. I'm a fan of those horns, especially since they can get down to 400 or 500 Hz., but they are not cheap and he would need to get a 1" or 2" driver for them, so they could cost as much as 5X what I'm offering. I'm just sayin'

When I read the opening post and saw that husk, my first thought was "where will he EVER find parts to fit those things???" Then the next three posts were from guys with parts for those things!!! :o

What a great site this is. B)

Edited by wvu80