My New Turntable

joshnich

To hear the music means to hear the machine creating it.

Seriously Mark? That way lies insanity. Not going there.

Craig nailed it, and knows what I mean. Whether in the concert hall or from a recording, I hear a violin. To the extent I hear a machine, I fix it. Yes, we can go on ad nauseum about rooms, etc. I have developed the ability to know what I can fix and what I cannot. TTs, amps, loudspeakers, I can fix. Even the limitations of stereo can be fixed with a good surround recording but for the vast majority of situations you have to just live with it or be unhappy.

There are occasions I am startled to hear straight through a K'horn as if it did not exist to the source. I've heard this on records made in the late 20s. Truly amazing and edifying when it happens.

Likely we'll just have to agree to disagree here. You've spent your life as an engineer learning to discern levels WAY beyond those of us looking for accurate playback. Makes sense. Otherwise, your products wouldn't have the regard of the "golden ears" out there who can tell when a power cord is switched out.

As for me and my house, I just want to hear the music.

As to being "offended," Lord knows why you'd thing your comments offensive. I've been hear through over 10 years and 15k posts. Nothing knew or revelatory at all in your post.

Dave

Edited by Mallette

I want to know what that chair was saying

Glad you asked, Joe. It was a "shadow" in the sound. Clearly pronounced...or imagined.

Either way, when I moved the chair it provided a "...significant improvement in imaging." Like I said, that way lies insanity. :wacko:

Dave

Of course it is, Mark. That's what we pay you for. However, we only want pleasure, not work. It IS a choice. I choose to be very critical of computer-based training solutions. I choose to be very critical of audio engineering. But I choose to just enjoy my system, not become an engineer.

"Science" is irrelevant to the music lover. We pay you guys for that...

Dave

I want to know what that chair was saying

Glad you asked, Joe. It was a "shadow" in the sound. Clearly pronounced...or imagined.

Either way, when I moved the chair it provided a "...significant improvement in imaging." Like I said, that way lies insanity. :wacko:

Dave

I understood the meaning, Just showing my lack of comedic ability :(

I don't mean to rain on your parade,but I just picked up at flea market, the classic "Dual 721" turntable!

for 25.00 brand new and in the original box. The guy who sold it. to me had no clue.Like most people

he thought that CD players caused the end of turntables(LOL) Those of you who remember the dual tables

731,701,e.t.c know what I have. The tone arm has been balanced the cartridge has been replaced with

the devastating "Shure V15 typeV MR". As I write this,Miles Davis's "kind of blue", is ringing through out

the land!!!