HT Nuts ! Danger Will Robinson, Danger ! EAWs Ebay !

minermark

Yeah he is asking big bucks, and they are worth every penny.

Make your best offer at $2K, he will likely come back with $2.2K and that is the deal I got.

Last week he still had at least six complete sets of these, do not know what is left.

One of those kind of Deals you don't see come a long very often, like Never !

You can find pieces of this stuff everywhere, but for this kind of dough for complete?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/201032380238?item=201032380238&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

Edited by minermark

They look great!

But if they are only going to 35 Hz, with suggested HPF at 30 Hz (reasonable in this day of subwoofers, even in cinemas), why don't they have horn loaded bass?

I wonder if it was because Tom H.'s original research found bass horns to have higher harmonic distortion, without looking at frequency modulation distortion (which, everything else being equal, would be expected to be lower with horns).

I wonder what these would sound like if they crossed over to Klipsch's brand new horn subwoofer, or some other horn sub.

They look great!

But if they are only going to 35 Hz, with suggested HPF at 30 Hz (reasonable in this day of subwoofers, even in cinemas), why don't they have horn loaded bass?

I wonder if it was because Tom H.'s original research found bass horns to have higher harmonic distortion, without looking at frequency modulation distortion (which, everything else being equal, would be expected to be lower with horns).

I wonder what these would sound like if they crossed over to Klipsch's brand new horn subwoofer, or some other horn sub.

What I found most interesting and a few others have as well, is the Push/Pull theory, well theory is one thing, I don't have these dialed in yet and am currently running the bass with the old low pass filters out of my wife's Khorns, they kick azz, this is the first time I have NOT been able to crank my 70Wpc tuber all the way or anywhere near it, lucky to push 22wpc and your basicly sittin in front of Eddie VanHalen's amps.

where did you have to drive to get them?

Pick up truck with 8' bed and you only need to do it once.

Great road trip, wife will do it again in a heart beat, we stop everywhere, Pub's, fruit stands, small towns, petting zoo's.......

The OP must have received a significant discount on his recent purchase of this cat's gear to litter the Klipsch forum with threads pimping his product.

Unlike you, he contributes to the wholesomeness of the forum. mm does a lot of favors here, for guy's he does not even know.

mm is top notch in my book.

Maybe you could learn a few things from him.

Downtown LA, and I mean Downtown, like Burbank/No Hollywood.

I picked up a pair of high end speakers there once in my old truck. I remember sitting at an In-and-Out eating and looking around thinking that I had a pair of $11,000 speakers wrapped up in the back of the truck, and some of the people there would probably shoot me for $50. I didn't stick around after I was done eating.

• Like 1

Downtown LA, and I mean Downtown, like Burbank/No Hollywood.

I picked up a pair of high end speakers there once in my old truck. I remember sitting at an In-and-Out eating and looking around thinking that I had a pair of $11,000 speakers wrapped up in the back of the truck, and some of the people there would probably shoot me for $50. I didn't stick around after I was done eating.

The wife and I did get a tad lost, and you know the hood we were in, things worked out just fine.

Did you by chance walk through his warehouse ?

This was years ago, not the same seller. It was North Holywood.

But while at the guys house he and his neighbor were talking about break ins and the neighborhood was rough. Nice guy though.

I made the deal on a Saturday at about 11PM while having a party at my house. Left the next morning with a hangover at about 11AM. Drove in Las Vegas to LA Sunday traffic. Got home about 1 AM and went to work the next day.