Epics on ebay.

Shiva

To tell the versions... Version 1 & 2 had the monster wire, 3 has red/black wiring. 1s have the longer ports, 2s & 3s have the shorter ports. As I understand it, the 1 & 2 both have the same woofers...at least that's what Klipsch told me when I talked to them.

Alex,

I have no idea how they will sound next to your Khorns. I do know I have tried to A/B them with a few pair such as the KLF-30, Cornwall and the Chorus II. What I did wasn't fair because one is a 2 way vs a 3 way speaker. They worked great together, but not comparing one to the other. The Epic are special and I can't see me selling mine anytime soon.

Yes i plan on raising them and am speaking to Moray through pm's on further mods. They are the version 2.

Right now i have a marantz 2252b powering them, not even close to the power they need to sound as good as they can. I got a marantz 2330 locally, which is being recapped which i will throw on them when it returns. Ill try biamp with the crest amp i have for the woofers and the 2330 on the tweets (or vise versa) and i will really see what these speakers have to offer;) I have a lot of fun heading my way.

Ill post reviews and comparisons in the 2 channel section in the weeks to come. I have read that the cf4 trumps the khorn. Well see if i agree. FYI, I have a fisher 500c on the khrorns as well. So i will be switching amps/receiver on speakers till i find what i like best. What i like least i will post for sale here on forum in the future. No way i can keep all this equipment.

Alex