Forum sections... question.

Schu

it's simply much too difficult to maintain.

Also, everyone keep in mind we are one of the only major loudspeaker companies who even have a message board on their website. With Amy getting the heck outta Dodge, I'm left to monitor things here myself (with Alex and the couple moderators we have grandfathered in from the old forums). I do what I can to maintain and monitor the forums, but I definitely do not have the time to look at every topic or even every sub-section. If we had a dedicated community manager whose job was to ONLY work with the forums, then I could see something like this existing. I must simply say at this time, thanks for the suggestion (it's not a bad one - it is just one that needs moderation on a greater level than what we have), but don't look for that to happen any time soon, if ever.

On the subject of forum moderators - I've been toying with the idea of recruiting a couple more from our user base. Amy's stance has always been you guys are "self-policing", and I will respect that. However moderators on a forum are a necessity. No action will be done on this yet, but I'm considering it for the future.

I also hope that by shooting down this particular suggestion, I'm not shooting down the possibility of future suggestions being made here. We will consider all suggestions made regarding the forum, so please keep them coming!

Hmmmm....

I've not spent much time on other forums, and just lurk when I do. I think this forum spoiled me. Some of that being due to Amy's help. Other member's help. Lack of advertizing. Format of the forum makes most things easy to find. When I posted my first post someone kindly pointed me toward the proper place to post my question.

I think I like the way members will advise others to different suppliers and maintenance people, etc. When someone asks a question, generally someone will step in to help. I think most any question would be answered at least once if it is a reasonable request. May even develop into a long running thread.

I like this place for its sense of humour.

Where else can I call a certain speaker company DeAf Tech, & have people think, yeah, that's who designed them!; or, @ least know I'm not trying to insult anyone's speaker selection--that much?...

it's simply much too difficult to maintain.

Also, everyone keep in mind we are one of the only major loudspeaker companies who even have a message board on their website. With Amy getting the heck outta Dodge, I'm left to monitor things here myself (with Alex and the couple moderators we have grandfathered in from the old forums). I do what I can to maintain and monitor the forums, but I definitely do not have the time to look at every topic or even every sub-section. If we had a dedicated community manager whose job was to ONLY work with the forums, then I could see something like this existing. I must simply say at this time, thanks for the suggestion (it's not a bad one - it is just one that needs moderation on a greater level than what we have), but don't look for that to happen any time soon, if ever.

On the subject of forum moderators - I've been toying with the idea of recruiting a couple more from our user base. Amy's stance has always been you guys are "self-policing", and I will respect that. However moderators on a forum are a necessity. No action will be done on this yet, but I'm considering it for the future.

I also hope that by shooting down this particular suggestion, I'm not shooting down the possibility of future suggestions being made here. We will consider all suggestions made regarding the forum, so please keep them coming!

Not that I want the job... or there is a job available... But I have moderated on a couple large format forums and still do on an ongoing basis for Internet Brands on one of their Automotive sites.

If I were a dealer selling Klipsch speakers on the Internet I would come in here and low ball everyone....That said, then there would be no reason to go to an actual dealer to purchase speakers....That's a major component of the slippery slope...Pretty soon you have brick and mortar stores auditioning speakers that are going to be bought from someone else at a price they can't compete.

Buying speakers seems to have changed a lot in the last 10 to 15 years. In the old days we would listen to the speaker at the store, bring it home to see If we liked It and If. not we took it back. Now it appears folks come online to get opinions and the best price and order it without ever hearing them first.

Edited by tkdamerica

I agree, if not administered correctly it CAN indeed become worm infested... I have also seen it work beautifully.

obviously Klipsch would be responsible for administration and over sight... and perhaps that is where it ends, because there may not be a cost pay off that is directly attributable to the venture. HOWEVER, there is a brand identity and a goodwill pay off that can not really be accurately measured other than to say it's a positive thing.

normally when a company doesn't choose to do this it's a legal issue for the company as the company takes on some responsibility for the due diligence of any retailers they allow to advertise on the forum. With appropriate disclaimers and TOS (terms of service), liability can be mitigated to certain extent. hopefully, by doing the appropriate due diligence prior to allowing a party to advertise, Klipsch would significantly limit any ongoing issues... as advertisers become plagued with complaints, the open market tends to weed them out and they could be disallowed to advertise. Advertising rates would also tend to limit high turn over perspective sellers and only the entrenched would survive.

I have a feeling this is never going to happen, I just wanted to see if perhaps all the aspects have actually been looked into by the parties involved.

Here is a side effect I portend that would eventually occur . . . we would all have to pay an annual fee to buy and sell in the garage sale forum with heavy handed moderating . . . just like on Audiok****!! No thanks! I like this site as is . . . this forum absent commercial sponsors and advertising has enabled a real community feel in this part of the cyber-world.