Looking to upgrade from KG 4's...where to go?

The only thing about the LaScala's is the limitation below, say, 60 Hz. The lowest half-octave of the string bass and 16' organ pipe ranks fades rather rapidly as you head down, as I recall.

I haven't listened for that in LaScala's for a very long time, however.

But the rest of the LaScala's range has astonishing musicality and linearity, more than the K-Horn IMO.

Edited by LarryC
  • Like 1

OK, I think LaScala's will be overkill for me and my space. I am going to demo the Chorus in the first CL link on Sunday. He has two pairs.I will also give the Forte and Quartets a liaten to have a reference point between his and my KG 4's. Thanks for all your advice so far.

The only thing about the LaScala's is the limitation below, say, 60 Hz. The lowest half-octave of the string bass and 16' organ pipe ranks fade rather rapidly as you head down, as I recall.

I haven't listened for that in LaScala's for a very long time, however.

But the rest of the LaScala's range has astonishing musicality and linearity, more than the K-Horn IMO.

True but, the bass is quite full and full of horn goodness up to cut off. If you can put them into corners even better.

• Like 1

OK, I think LaScala's will be overkill for me and my space. I am going to demo the Chorus in the first CL link on Sunday. He has two pairs.I will also give the Forte and Quartets a liaten to have a reference point between his and my KG 4's. Thanks for all your advice so far.

If LaScala are too big for you go for the best Klipsch ever made the CF3 or CF4. Done like dinner. Best regards Moray James.

Edited by moray james

Hey all, I wound up getting a pair of the Chorus. I am a happy camper, time to find some tube power now...thanks for all your advice.

if you would like some almost free bass make some paper vents 6.5" long and insert them into the two cutouts in the cabinets. Just roll some craft paper up and make it snug in the holes and tape/glue in place. Done.

You might also like to do an ultra simple brace job get some soft gel shoe insoles and make w=some spacers about an inch square that will wedge between the back side of the mid driver and the rear baffle just enough thickness to allow a compression fit when you screw the mid horn back in place. big upgrade replace the phenolic tweeter diaphragms with Bob Crites titanium diaphragms and if you like those you will love a set of Klipsch Ti mid diaphragms. Best regards Moray James.