New to Klipsch, new to the board! Have some questions.

Mr._bowtie

So here no to long ago I picked up a set of ksp-400 mains that is been trying to find for years. Well I moved from infinity reference six speakers so I'm new to horns as well.

First question is about power. I'm a carver fan and have a couple to work with, they are currently hooked up to a tfm-45, albeit I just got that amp. I have a m500t that I'm going to send in and have a mkII upgrade done on. Are these good amps for klipsch? How power hungry are they. Mine have powered woofers in them so I'm sure they're not that hard to drive but I already had the big power.

Secondly, is there any advice or input on setting them up properly? Should I bi or tri amp them? Any input is appreciated!!!

• Like 1

The TFM's are good sounding amps. I have one with a set of Heresy's and like the combo a lot. Klipsch as a rule aren't too power hungry and yours have built in amps for the bass drivers so that monster amp is just loafing along.

Welcome to the forum!

I drive my KSP-400's, KSP-C6 and KSP-300 surrounds with an Acurus 125x5 preamped by a Denon 3801. The Denon/Acurus combo provide a slightly warmer sound than other receivers I tested years ago, meaning less of the edgy highs that say some of the older Heritage speakers provide.

If you don't have an owners manual you should download one. There are many wiring options and some can become complicated. I simply use the subwoofer out from receiver to both the line in and LFE inputs on my KSP's. Correctly adjusted you should have all the bass you want from both 15" subs.

I hope you enjoy your speakers.

Keith

Awesome thanks guys. Before I got these people warned me they were going to sound MUCH brighter then my infinitys. And they are a little but not nearly like I feared. I'm really pleased with them. And it's likely got a lot to do with my carver amp and sunfire preamp setup I need to get the lows run from my "extra" sub pre outs. I don't need more then one sub with my sunfire anyways lol.

I was just mainly wanting to make sure that there wasn't a particular amp that klipsch liked Didn't want to have to buy another one anyways!

I have noticed these are much more directional then my infinitys were. There's a definite sweet spot and you don't want to listen from very far outside it.

I drive my KSP-400's, KSP-C6 and KSP-300 surrounds with an Acurus 125x5 preamped by a Denon 3801. The Denon/Acurus combo provide a slightly warmer sound than other receivers I tested years ago, meaning less of the edgy highs that say some of the older Heritage speakers provide.

I just microwave my music to a warmer sound. :lol:

I just microwave my music to a warmer sound. :lol:

I don't know what that means but OK.

Keit

Hey Mr._boetie, I to just joined the forum the other day. So I now can say welcome ;-) Most of my Klipsch speakers are driven with Bob Carver Power! I love the Carver amps with the Klipsch. I will flip from the TFM55x to 2 400ts to drive my Chorus IIs or Chorus. At my shop I drive my KP360s' with a TFM42. When that power starts jumping up to that 300 watts MAN those speaker start to come alive!!!! I love that horn sound. Take care Mark...

• Like 1