Walgreens attempting tax dodge

artto

Also says ONLY

gold & silver; forgive the paraphrase from my iPhone.

Good point. I believe that the dollar is still defined as 371.25 grains of fine silver.

The only part of your statement I disagree with fjd, is that the dollar is based on silver. It's not. Silver Certificates went out a very long time ago. The dollar is based on nothing. NOTHING of value. It is based on faith.

I agree with what you are saying about the dollar being “based on” nothing. I was stating that I believe the constitution still “defines” a dollar as 371.25 grains of fine silver. What it is based on is now different than the constitution definition.

I believe that many people initially looked at the “bitcoin” as a way to circumvent central bank and government authority. However, this type of peer-to-peer technology to facilitate commerce is still open to very substantial risk.

Overall, it seems that there are no longer any, or very few economies based upon savings and capital accumulation and in most instances we now see many economies based primarily upon debt.

If you peel back enough ‘layers of the onion” I believe that much of this situation can be traced to the "international network" of “privately-owned central banks” for which the management of these central banks has caused astronomical deficits in not only industrialized nations, but huge debt in the “third world” too.

If Walgreens goes through with this tax avoidance strategy I am going to take my business elsewhere & never buy anything there again!

Ixnay on the axtay inversion;

http://money.cnn.com/2014/08/06/news/companies/walgreens-alliance-boots/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Walgreens (WAG) says it will base its corporate offices in the Chicago area when it completes its acquisition of European drug store operator Alliance Boots. The move dispels expectations that the combined company would be located in Europe to reduce its tax bill.

• Like 1

If you peel back enough ‘layers of the onion” I believe that much of this situation can be traced to the "international network" of “privately-owned central banks” for which the management of these central banks has caused astronomical deficits in not only industrialized nations, but huge debt in the “third world” too.

Absolutely! Positively! Ecuador is a quite interesting example of what happens when this debt becomes too much.

Edited by Jeff Matthews