Xbox One and PS4 owners step in

K5SS

PS3 and PS4 owner.  The lack of DLNA/media server streaming on the PS4 really got me.  I didn't buy it for that, but just expected that the feature would be there.  We use Pandora now a lot and move the PS3 back downstairs when we want to stream from the media server. 

I also have a Sony BPD-S5100 which does stream from my media server, but it doesn't have a randomize/shuffle feature.  It is pretty frustrating that they don't have some common feature sets across the devices.  The PS3 and s5100 menus look very similar.

From Sony:

The PlayStation®4 does not support DLNA or media servers, which means it is not possible to view content from another device on your console. (Updated Statement: We appreciate your feedback and are exploring possibilities.)

There are still many ways to enjoy video and music on your PS4™. Music Unlimited is our streaming music service, that can even play music in the background while you're gaming. Video Unlimited, Netflix, and Amazon are just a few of the ways you can watch TV and movies on your system.

Nice avatar by the way. 

I've always been an xbox guy. I bought an xbox one a few months back in hopes that I could replace my apple tv, blu ray player, and do a little bit of gaming here and there. However apple tv is my primary source for watching anything other than a BD and the xbox one could not replace this device pure and simple. Apple tv is much easier and smoother to use. I will say Forza 5 was a blast to play and it did a great job on blurays. But since it couldn't replace my Apple TV I decided to return it. I may pick one up again when the prices come down a bit. So all in all Ii think it depends on what you are wanting to use it for. 

Edited by johnnydrama

Yeah I'm a big anti xbox guy. They just don't do it for me like the ps's do

The best video game for the past dozen or so years is arguably HALO with over 30 million copies sold in the series. A new one (Halo 5) is due out last quarter this year. Unfortunately this has never been available on a Playstation. I hope you didn't miss out it. We sometimes still play the original which was released back in 2001. 

EDIT: Reported 50 million copies sold per this article:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/halo-5-release-date-news-343-studios-job-listing-points-more-spartan-ops-style-content-video-367625

Edited by JL Sargent