Setting up my first Klipsch RF7II 5.2 system.....

Abybaby

Oh wow, yes my memory does fail me on a daily basis.

My memory is pretty intact.  It's my body that fails me on a daily basis. :(  Okay semi-daily basis. ;)

Living/working on concrete floors for the last 29.5 years has played a role in my aches and pains.

Abybaby, sorry for highjacking your thread.  I seem to never miss an opportunity to rib on Youthman a little.  He usually gives it back so we are good. :rolleyes:

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

My friend got the small PB1000 ND that was pretty underwhelming in his space as he had really open concept and high ceilings with lots of plush things in the room. Ultimately he returned it and got a sb2000 and it fixed what was missing. He is also a music guy a day what ed that kick in the chest which sealed subs are often good at giving and it was the right size for him. He still wants a second one.

I love sealed over ported for music but I will say that my cylinders perform very well for both movies and music. I wanted abyssal low end hence ported and more sub than my room ever needs. I like headroom....

My buddy did the svs return program to get the upgraded sub and I helped him get it dialed in.

I would get your system lit up like a tree first and test it for a week or so and then order the svs of its still your intention at that point. Their return and warranty policies are near unbeatable, actually I don't know of anyone with better policies and customer service.

Edited by SuBXeRo

Fun group of people on this forum....:)

For the most part this forum is a lot of fun. Differences in opinions cause friction here and there but flaming is really at an extreme minimum in this forum which makes it enjoyable to stick around on.

We hope you have a great time though!

Thanks for your help guys....Ordered the following:

Monoprice

Surrounds - 16AWG CL2 Rated 2-Conductor Oxygen-Free Pure Bare Copper Speaker Wire Cable (For In-Wall Installation)

LCR - 12AWG CL2 Rated 2-Conductor Oxygen-Free Pure Bare Copper Speaker Wire Cable (For In-Wall Installation)

Amazon

TEKTON 3797 7-Inch Wire Stripper/Cutter

Deadbolt Banana Plugs, 12-pair, By Sewell Direct

• Like 1

• Moderators
Nope...new speakers...none right now .

Wow, going from no system to the RF-7ii system.  Get the mop and bucket ready for your drool.  :D

Youthman/mustang - changed my order to 14 awg for surrounds...bthanks

Probably a good idea.  With monoprice, there isn't much difference in cost between the two.

Be sure to post pics of your setup once you get them.

Had an interesting conversation with UPS. They schedule delivery for tomorrow and then the lady says you will need to help the driver take down the 500pd pallet as the truck does not have a tail lift. After recovering from what I heard, I politely asked the lady how she proposed I do that .... And then she goes - good question - let me schedule it for Wednesday with a different truck...so Wednesday it is.....