What horn is in this picture

mustang guy

+1

I'm pure stock over here, well, except for the hot rodded Type AAs. I've done some cool things in the past, and they all sounded "good". The end of the rainbow can be back at the beginning if you can learn to be content.

Sorry, the word "Content" is not now or ever has been good enough, and you you know that, or WE would not be here.

I had a pair of K403 horns,,,,, Very poor workmanship.... Throats were poorly cast ,, Would not seat properly with driver,,,My pair sounded distorted and harsh,,,,If Delgado had anything to do with them I don't know... But to me they were a total failure...

+1

I'm pure stock over here, well, except for the hot rodded Type AAs. I've done some cool things in the past, and they all sounded "good". The end of the rainbow can be back at the beginning if you can learn to be content.

Sorry, the word "Content" is not now or ever has been good enough, and you you know that, or WE would not be here.

+1 we all know why we are here, but some don't want to admit it.LOL

modified tractrix

Is that why it has what looks to be curved sides.   Other then that it reminds me of the EV Hp640, size wise at least. 

HP640_7oc.jpg

The geometry on the EV HP640 horn is different than the "modified tractrix". I have had both.

I will say that the EV HP640 is a very nice horn. They are available on eBay at affordable prices and and would be an excellent candidate for many of the projects that I see on the Klipsch forum.

Yes I have a pair of them myself, I was wondering today what a wooden pair would sound like.  One other thing I noticed is the K 403 is a shorter horn, so  I could see how the geometry is different, as it was meant for a 1.4" driver.  

Good stuff here.