All you Pink Floyd fans . . .

mustang guy

LOL, To name a few of them. I actually took swing classes as well as playing. Being here in NJ, I go over to NY and some of the beaches there and saw a bunch of bands that weren't name brand bands, but played exceptional music. So I also have a bunch of underground bands music. One of them is called "Dem Brooklyn Bums" and they had a few cd's they sold locally that were better than Cherry Poppin Daddies. Another group was Squirrel Nut Zippers I really got into. I was actually on a float with them in the Halloween parade in 1997 in NYC. 

• Like 1

Yea I did, I was a stockbroker for several years and worked in NYC, and have about 40 suits. I was known for my "dress ware". I have a few funky suits and shoes to match. One of them is a double breasted suit with canary yellow pinstriping. There is a company called Pink (English company) and they do clothing representing new styles as well as the old styles, so I have a bunch of custom shirts with the wide collar or the old English collars with the cuff links. I used to try to buy the funkiest things I could as I would go to The Supper Club in NYC and go for the dancing and dinner. It was like taking a step back into the 30's and 40's.

• Like 1

That’s cool Jim.  I’m not particularly stylish--Blue Jean Levis everyday.  But, people tease me at work because of the shirts that i wear.  Remember the Paisley shirts?  I have several of them and love them.  I get a lot of compliments; but, also comments about my 70s attire.  I guess i could wear the Tie Dye Peace Sign shirts.

• Like 2

I bounce back and forth. I'm in Real Estate, so when I need to meet a client I dress in a suit, unless it's someone I've become friends with afterwards,and they are a repeat customer. Then it's jeans, shorts, or whatever.

I wish I had the pleasure of seeing Pink Floyd while I was older. While on a trip to Europe in in 1988 (I was 5), they were playing a concert in Versailles, right after Momentary Lapse of Reason was released. I remember being able to hear them through the window of my uncle's apartment.  I did see Roger Waters twice though- on the In the Flesh tour in 2001 ish, and when he played Dark Side in it's entirety- I forget the tour name.

Anyone have any thoughts on Australian Pink Floyd? They were pretty amusing, too. For those who never saw PF live.

took my sons to see the dark side show. except for his ignorant political views it was great.

Agreed. Stick to the music.

I was just told by a close friend, that he saw Pink Floyd in1977 at Soldier Field in Chicago. On the "Animals" tour-I believe. See, we aren't few and far between after all...

Yep. I was in the Navy. I was in Hospital Corps A school at Great Lakes. A bunch of us when to that concert.  It was the Animals Tour. At the show I saw, the pig didn't get loose... I was first exposed to Floyd with "UmmaGumma"! In fact I still have a copy. On CD now, not vinyl. I have been a fan ever since. I have not heard Endless River yet, but plan to get it soon!

Yep. I was in the Navy. I was in Hospital Corps A school at Great Lakes.
I was in the Coast Guard. When I was in Michigan, I had to take one of my shipmates to Great Lakes for some medical treatment.  Nothing exciting happened; but, I’ll bet Roger Waters could have still wrote a song about it. 
  • Like 1