A couple of homemade subs

Anotherforumname

Here are a couple of homemade subs I made, on top is a Dayton 18" classic sub with a Dayton 250 watt plate amp. I built this out of 3/4" MDF internally braced and dampened with fill. I painstakingly sanded and painted the cabinet with hammered look paint. I also made a grill for this as well but not shown. I also added 1" rubber feet. I ordered stuff to build two of these but one amp was on back order so I built one and figured I would built the other one later, good thing I found out one is all I need for my tastes. This one is about 4.5 internal cu ft sealed.

The one on bottom is another 18" Dayton classic sub with a bash 300 amp down-firing and about 4.2 cu ft sealed. Same 3/4" MDF and internally braced dampened. I just got lazy and wanted not to worry about this one so I went with a vinyl wrap. I made the feet out of triangle shaped pieces of MDF glued together then sanded.

All in all I am happy with the way they both turned out, They go deep and still surprisingly tight due to the sealed design. Next I want to build a small 10 or 12" compact sub and use a Earthquake slaps passive or something like that. But it will be a while for funds on that.

P1010501_zps2addd188.jpg

P1010499_zpscbe121eb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks! you are making me hungry Jim. These pulled double duty and filled in the bottom end nicely.  Not using either at the moment because I am trying out some subs I bought at the pawn shops. 

here are some more pics 

IMG_0569_zps3f3a2a72.jpg

IMG_0601_zps9f9bd1bd.jpg

IMG_1756_zpsc1044fc6.jpg

I did build another one just for music it was a Dayton titanic 10" with a bash 300 in a small sealed box, nice and punchy. 

IMG_0161_zps6bd3b520.jpg

Thanks! Regrettably I got rid of the Carver M 1.5t some time ago, It would probably shine with these Forte II's. I got rid of the Polk SDA as well but don't really miss them that much.  That Dayton stuff is great and parts express makes it simple to build your own with knock down cabinets and all the trimmings. Sealed are a great way to start, just get the internal volume right and your good and yes it is addictive but you get so much more for your money than buying pre-made.