Anyone here on solar power?

tigerwoodKhorns

I think its the future component for house energy for many locations with batteries in the basement for power at night, usually being an early converter does not payoff.  I have already paid for all LED lights in the house, new windows, new attic insolation, a jutol fireplace insert, etc.  I am still considering a whole house diesel or propane back up generator.     I am all electric here on Pluto. 

• Like 1

I think its the future component for house energy for many locations with batteries in the basement for power at night, usually being an early converter does not payoff.  I have already paid for all LED lights in the house, new windows, new attic insolation, a jutol fireplace insert, etc.  I am still considering a whole house diesel or propane back up generator.     I am all electric here on Pluto. 

I'm switching (gradually) to LED as well.  I also have had my attic re-blown with fiberglass and a few windows replaced as well.  I have a front door that gets direct sunlight and in the summer, the inside of the door will hit 140 degrees.  When you walk by it, you can feel the heat radiating off of it.  I have a fiberglass door ordered to replace it.

We also have a natural gas whole house generator due to our propensity for hurricanes. 

My understanding is battery technology is not there yet. I was told to go with batteries on my system and go "off grid" would double the price. A neighbor has a diesel generator and batteries and he is bit$#ing all the time about the freaking batteries.

Let me reiterate all comments aside I heat and cool my house and run a refrigerator and my Klipsch speakers etc..... for free. In fact I am looking into getting an electric water heater(to cut down on propane) and the next clothes dryer will be electric also(again to cut propane usage).