4k TV Question

Youthman

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I could of been able to snag a VT or ZT60 before they went through the roof. However, I do very much love my F8500, with it calibrated its easily the best looking tv that I've owned.

Yeah me too, but they really have nothing on the Samsung 8500's. 

Pre/Amp:  B&K Reference 50, Acurus A250

How do you like the B&K/Acurus combo?  I have heard that the Reference 50 is one of the better midfi non HDMI pre/pros out there.

Bill

The B&K and the Acurus have been a very pleasing match. The previous owner had the B&K 50 serviced and updated to the latest firmware before I got that and the 200.7 from him. I've only messed with some of the settings on the Ref 50, but it sounds amazing. Only wish I was able to get the remote for it.

Geez, a full-array 4K LED tv for less than $1000? Prices are dropping like a brick!

I didn't think they were getting quite that low but I saw something like a 55" Vision 4K the other day, pretty good sized, for like $1,200-$1,300. It looked amazing with still pictures. When the image moved, it went downhill pretty quick though. The Samsung and Sony's that cost 3-6 times as much were MUCH smoother. Otherwise, my jaw was dropped.