Haloween Hands

thebes

Needs work but not bad for 20 minutes effort on a night when I'm dead tired.  Have a spooky spooky folks.

Haloween Hands

As I placed the open book down across my stomach, hands resting on top of it, my mind immediately left it’s plot behind and headed off in the netherworld of non-thought, just drifting, like a car placed in neutral coasting to a stoplight.

Yawning I rubbed my eyes and taking my hand away I paused, rested my elbow on the chair’s arm and sleepily contemplated my hand. The left one. The mainstay of my physical world.  Old faithful. The hand that sustained my living, wrote with, scratched behind my ear with, did everything with.  It’s scarred first digit, sliced up and injured from time-to-time in various tasks I had set before it.  The first digit always extended to let a baby grasp it, pointed forward, up or down, waved in front of someone’s nose in faked outrage.

The second digit, longer than the rest.   Now the knuckles bulged out and racked with arthritis. Used as the signaler of outrage or contempt, or indispensable  for combining with the first digit in the long ago signal of Peace. It’s my go-to digit for peeling a sticker or scratching my side, digging a bit of dirt out of an eye.

Good old digits three and four, when used with the thumb give leverage when pulling on something, and needed force to open a jar.

Appendages.  Tools used with little thought or care. Scars, stitches, bruises, torn nails and cuts are their lot in life. 

Mind to command.

But maybe not as my left hand begins to shake and tremble, assuming the shape of a claw, bunching it’s myriad muscles and tendons as it ignores my will and slowly draws closer to my throat.

I wake.  Musta been a dream I think until I head to the  bathroom to relive myself and glance in the mirror. I see five purple welts spaced around my throat. 

Shaken I return to my chair, thoughts tumbling through my mind. As the initial panic subsides, I gaze over to my right hand.  The second banana of the duo.  Not as powerful as the left one, but also in much better shape. Used to steady things, grip the other side of a box, as a handy place to rest my chin.

Maybe I should start using the right more?  Looking over at it, it starts to tremble and shake, it’s digits turning into a claw moving closer to me, closer and closer and CLOSER...

• Like 1

I heard ...the  action is here my man...the Thebes is top notch,Accor

wildf girls amd boys going out for a fittinfg dancining in the garden of torches in ther rain.

oh no here they omethe dclubding to  wild dancing club.

No mat Edit:

Semi close

Edited by billybob

Hurry! Put your chin tightly against your chest and run into the kitchen and stick that God awful thing into the garbage disposal! Grind that thing all the way to the elbow. If you simply cut it off, it will chase you around the house.

:ph34r:

Just great.  Thanks a bunch. I took your advice and now all my friends are calling me "Elbows".  Some are calling me "Donkey and Elbows".

Biggest problem is I'm not built like a dog and trying to scratch behind my ear is driving me crazy.

• Like 2

One thing is clear, Marty ... you are into "digital."

Oh a weisenheimer aren't we. 

Well I'll give you digital you 01100110011101010110001101101011 ing piece of l01110011011010000110100101110100. :D

• Like 3