CornScala crossover selection question

Karsoncookie

Just saying that folks around here think wires is wires......

Shakey

If you mean 12 guage 2000 strand copper, and 20 guage "speaker wire", and 14 guage 500 strand copper twisted pair..... all running 50 feet .... and carrying the quality hi output from our amps that we expect, to our loved Klipsch speakers is no matter, and that their is no signal or frequency losses, etc.... I humbly disagree. 

• Like 1

Shakey

If you mean 12 guage 2000 strand copper, and 20 guage "speaker wire", and 14 guage 500 strand copper twisted pair..... all running 50 feet .... and carrying the quality hi output from our amps that we expect, to our loved Klipsch speakers is no matter, and that their is no signal or frequency losses, etc.... I humbly disagree.

Well said......

Shakey

Then you better not ask Klipsch engineers what they use.

Bruce

Shakey

Then you better not ask Klipsch engineers what they use.

Bruce

Yeah, and you might find a few of 'em who think that all amplifiers operating within their respective ranges sound alike. That would also be incorrect, so what's your point?

Shakey

All of the Heritage Speakers came with the same stiff  white wire for decades, (with exception to the K's)  even my KLF's, KG's all have basic, small OFC.   I wonder if anyone could actually pick out a better speaker wire from sound alone (conclusively of course) in a blindfolded A/B comparison? 

......................................................   I wonder if anyone could actually pick out a better speaker wire from sound alone (conclusively of course) in a blindfolded A/B comparison? 

Max2.... Probably not, specially when you get old like many of us tend to get.  But.... it's the psychological issue that gets us in trouble.  With all the money we spend on having very good cartridges, turntables/arms, preamps, amps, speakers........ do you really want to think that the wire you are using to connect your speakers is in any way limiting the sound quality coming out to your ears... !!

25 years ago when I went from 1000 strand Monster cable to the 2000 strand Monster cable I could swear on repeated testing that there was an audible increase in bass response.......... was there really...?????   But the cost of the cable told me there must be  :-)

So I've switched again to the 14 guage XPHD-CI Monster cable because all the money I've spent on improving my old Khorns, I don't want to have any thought in my mind that the sound I hear could be limited in any way because I didn't spend eighty bucks and some time to re-wire.

So to the OP ..... Do what your head tells you to do so that you will be satisfied that you didn't leave anything out.

Over and out on this issue !:-)

• Like 1