BMG Direct Marketing?

wldrns1

See pic. A large local audio retailer has a lot of cd's & albums labeled this way. I don't get search results here. Google produces BMG. Any comments? Thinking of just doing Amazon to fill in some cd blanks if comments are 'stay away from BMG'. 

Note the 'D' number of the BMG CD and the case back jacket. The darker insert booklet is from my original non BMG and adds in the upper right corner 0501 in red and BK03 in yellow below the AAD designation. ???.

Weighing frequency of use, my NAD 546 won't do FLAC, downloading FLAC $$$ (downloading seems to be the only way to obtain-I'm new) and looking for maybe a dozen titles, looks like buying CD's is the way to go for now. Good CD's do sound good. Have lots of good vinyl. Use DR for most to compare a title when there's a listing.

post-58829-0-18040000-1416487236_thumb.j

I cant makes heads or tails of your thread post... but I agree, cd's can sound good. I don't think they can sound great... at least in comparrison to other lossless, albeit limit in choices, formats.

Currently I dont use dsd or other digital formats, other than those with physical discs... perhaps that should change with a server.

Edited by Schu

As far as BMG goes I have had several of there discs over the years and I personally could not tell a sound quality degrade over a like disc from another producer

That said most of those discs were rock classic rock and the original mastering was never intended for high quality listening, more mass production

If I were looking to fill gaps in a collection of classic rock as pictured (def leopard) I would have no problem with a BMG disc

I hope this is what you were asking

I cant makes heads or tails of your thread post... but I agree, cd's can sound good. I don't think they can sound great... at least in comparrison to other lossless, albeit limit in choices, formats.

Currently I dont use dsd or other digital formats, other than those with physical discs... perhaps that should change with a server.

Simply asking if anyone knows anything about BMG and included a pic to show labeling BMG added. Some here seem to understand. Basically wondering if BMG is an outfit to stay away from. Apparently not. Thanks.

Schu...what's dsd? What do you mean "...perhaps that should change with a server."

Edited by wldrns1

As far as BMG goes I have had several of there discs over the years and I personally could not tell a sound quality degrade over a like disc from another producer

That said most of those discs were rock classic rock and the original mastering was never intended for high quality listening, more mass production

If I were looking to fill gaps in a collection of classic rock as pictured (def leopard) I would have no problem with a BMG disc

I hope this is what you were asking

Yes it was. Just classic rock like you say for some missing. Like to blast it from time to time. Thanks.

BMG Music Service was the former RCA Music Service (before that the RCA Victor Record Club). Usually on CD the same as regular stock issues sonic wise. 

Thanks to all. Pretty new here. No plans to 'load up' on CD's but see consensus is BMG isn't bootleg & is ok. Thx.